Pets

Peggy77
Level 1
Coburg, OR

Pets

Hi there,

I am new to Airbnb.  I would like to allow for small pets (dogs).  I can't see where I can add a pet deposit.  I do have a security deposit but if someone has a pet I'd like to have a bit more to take care of any issues their pet might have or might leave.  Is it possible to add a pet deposit seperate from a security deposit?

16 Replies 16
Cesar196
Level 2
Wyoming, MI

I have the following rules in my listing:

During winter, we will accept pets in the bedroom and house with the following conditions: We will charge a pet cleaning fee depending on the pet size and breed. Please contact us before booking if you plan to bring along your pet. Pet must not exceed 10-15 pounds and must be trained. Pets nails must be trimmed. Only dogs and cats will be accepted as pets. Only one pet per stay will be allowed.

Please understand, my wife loves pets, however; we are not a kennel and we will not be responsible for the pet behavior and/or if the pet causes damages while the pet's owner is away. Any property damage caused by the pet will be the pet owner's responsibility.

If they contact us before booking, I usually send them an offer with the new rate. If they let me know after they book, I send a request for extra money. If they do not let me know and show up with a pet, I will charge them a little more and expect payment in advance, otherwise they will not be allowed to stay and I will contact Airbnb immediately.

There was word a while back in conversation with Airbnb support that a pet fee would be added to Extra Charges under Pricing. It would be SO EASY this way and save all the back and forth described above! I have a pet-friendly listing but certainly it takes longer to clean and prep the room, and the risk of property damage is high. Hey hosting support, can we finally get this feature added?