Photo captions -- do they matter?

Michelle1358
Level 4
North Carolina, United States

Photo captions -- do they matter?

Does anyone know if captions matter?  I take a lot of time in crafting them...and they don't even show on the app.  I'd like to rely upon them more (to describe again, for example, how one bedroom is an adjacent one) but I don't know if or how often they are even read.  Any ideas?

3 Replies 3
Daniel957
Level 2
Hamilton, New Zealand

They show, guests hardly read them tho

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

They do show on the app, @Michelle1358 - at least they still do on my android phone. What device are you using? 

And, yes, I think they are important. Guests often seem not to read, but it is very handy to send them a screenshot of a photo and caption when they ask a question that has been answered by a photo. Not in a huffy way, of course - friendly and helpful. Gets the job done. Worth a thousand words and all that  🙂

Michelle1358
Level 4
North Carolina, United States

@Lawrene0 I just opened the app again to see -- as I have an Android as well.  Ah-HAH.  You see the descriptions if you tap on the picture.  All I've ever done is scroll through them -- I wonder how many others do the same thing?  But thanks -- I'm glad to know they are there.  And yes, I love me some screenshots -- especially when a guest wants to do something against our rules (like bring in 50 cars) and claim they don't know the rules (after, of course checking yes they've read them when they book).  Luckily we've had great guests so far!