Please advise!

Lan1
Level 10
El Cerrito, CA

Please advise!

Dear Fellow Hosts 

I just had a horrible experience which I really hope you will never encounter! Guests booked for 3, but came with 6 cars decorated with white flowers like a wedding or Prom. About  30-40 people fullly dressed up for party. I called Airbnb immediately requesting assistance , hope the case manager could help me dealing with this. Please read the conversation thread below and advise! Those case managers were not helpful....

******^***

Dear Sir/Madam:

On Saturday 5/4, I contacted Airbnb immediately when the

guests (Jazhun’s group)were checking in. Jazhun booked for 3 people but arrived with few cars, decorated with wedding or prom colors. About 20-30 peoples all dressed up for big events. I informed them that my place was not suitable for parties or events, they told me that they were attending a prom, back at midnight for a gathering ONLY. few girls remained waiting in the house. I insisted that only 3 can sleep in my place, they looked very angry and confused...

I called Airbnb immediately and informed the case manager the situation. I requested immediately cancellation as obviously guests violate my house rule. The case manager told me that he would contact the guest for the cancellation, would get me back soon....

After 6 hours I had not heard back from the case manager. About midnight I heard group of people yelling loudly outside my gate, there were 5-6 cars with about 30-40 people outside street, trying to coming. I was standing in front of my gate, insisting not able to host them. I requested to talk to Jazhun. I waited for long time, finally the young man arrived. I begged him to cancel this reservation as there is no way to let all those people in, my neighbors would complain.

Jazhun got angry and requested full refund, I agreed! as Airbnb didn’t get me back after 6 hours, now I had to protect myself from this horrible situation even lose my income.

I feel I was unfairly treated, my listing stated strictly no Party or events, I also personally sent message to the guests immediately after booking, wrote in Capital Lettters: NO PARTY please! ( see conversion thread).

1: Airbnb could not help at the very beginning when guests checked in, with few cars and about 30 partying people ( documentation provided).

2: case manager promised to call me back regarding the cancellation but after 6 hours, nobody called me back

3: Airbnb called back only for the guests refund after 6 hours.

4: house was messy when they left, had to hire additional cleaning services 

5: gate remote control was missing. Airbnb CS suggested me to wait 72 hours, then file claim

6: I contacted guest again and again, he barely replied and  never returned the remote back. ( please read our conversation thread).

7: for security reasons, I have to call the gate company for resetting everything, disable all remote control.

I am respectfully request compensation from this horrible experience.

I believe that I am entitled to get the refunded rent, additional cleaning fee and the expenses of replacement of the remote control. 

Currently I am having a business trip in London UK, will be home on Thursday 5/9. Please message me before that!

Thank you for your attention!

Sincerely

周蘭
4 Replies 4
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Lan1  I am not surprised with a lack of Airbnb support. It's classic.

You can request all of the above (cleaning, nightly rate, remote) but I think you will be reimbursed for remote only. You have to have the estimates or receipts from licensed businesses, receipt for the remote and photos of the mess/damages as proof . 

Sorry...

Lan1
Level 10
El Cerrito, CA

Thank you for your comments! I am grateful that most of my guests were great! 

周蘭
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Lan1 ,

So sorry to hear about this awful experience with your guest. Do you still have an open case with the customer support team?

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

I have been reaching the guest for returning the remote control, but not successful! Will call gate company for estimation as there was also damage in the gate as those drunk young men group were trying hard to push the gate to open..yes the case manager is communicating with me now..,

thank you for your caring!

Lan

周蘭