Please share me and other newbies some advice to get your first guests, thank you <3

Le1
Level 1
Hanoi, Vietnam

Please share me and other newbies some advice to get your first guests, thank you <3

Hi guys ^^. I'm clearly newbie here, Airbnb 😄 (I'm in Hanoi now). I'm excited in becoming a host. I love meet new people from other countries and learn more new things.

I would love to ask all of you guys (experieced members) to share some of your rich experience that how can you get my first guests :D. Please give me some advice ^^. Thank you and have a great weekend ❤️

2 Replies 2
Donna15
Level 10
Delft, Netherlands

@Le1, here's a set of excellent links that will keep you busy for hours. 🙂

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Getting-Started/Community-Help-Guides/m-p/23100#M190

It's essential to become familiar with the various aspects of hosting and with how AirBnB can help you. 

It's also a good idea to type in your specific questions in the 'Search the community' box at the top of the page. 

Many threads will come up, often with answers to the question you typed in.

Le, a few suggestions.

Use photos that emphasise the accommodation. Make sure they're bright and in focus.

No need to mention the couchsurfing information in the photo with the Czech guest.

Set a Secure Deposit. This will help cover any possible damage to the accommodation.

Change your cancellation policy from flexible to either moderate or strict.

Get rid of the Extra Guest No charge box.

(Go to settings, enter high amount, hit Save. When page refreshes, the box will be gone. [A fantastic tip first given here by another member.])

Create a clear list of House Rules so that guests will be aware of what is allowed and what is not, and what behaviour is expected of them.

Read through listings in your area to see what other hosts are offering, and how they are describing their accommodation.

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Le1, hi!

Looking at your photos and listing descriptions, and esp. after following the many, many reports of hosts with very strange kinds of guests, I personally would be more careful that the images and description that you post of yourself don't act like a big fat sign to single guest males who may get the idea that you are too nice in all kinds of ways and may try to take advantage of this. I'm saying this because you are a newbie host and unexperienced. Hosting is one huge and continuous test of practicing and sticking to your boundaries and getting a 'feeling' for potential guests. I forgot to check, but one other thing: DO NOT USE INSTANT BOOK before you have any experience. It sounds great, yet has been a problem esp. for the newby host!

Good luck!