Pointers For Five Star Overall Experience

Jennifer42
Level 2
Sacramento, CA

Pointers For Five Star Overall Experience

Hello Airbnb community!

I am fairly new to hosting (began December 2015) and started off strong with the Five Star ratings, but now I'm getting them 60% of the time.  I really want to qualify for Superhost Status but am at a loss as how to get it up to 80%.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. I live 1.5 hours away from the property.

Many thanks!

Jennifer B.

7 Replies 7
Lisa7
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Jennifer42 What have your guests told you? What feedback have you gotten from them? Start there. Tell us more!

Mathew0
Level 6
Philadelphia, PA

I feel your frustration- especially when they write a glowing review for you, then give you less than 5 stars, and Airbnb starts telling you there's an "issue" with your listing. I mean, I understand that we should always strive for 5 stars, but it's a little silly that getting 90% 5 stars, 8% 4 stars, and 2% 3 stars (never a one or two) is somehow "bad". But alas, I'm not the one who invented these systems. I've tried reaching out to past guests (they never say anything useful in private feedback) and asking them how I could improve, but I rarely get a response.

Blagoje0
Level 10
Split, Croatia
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Jennifer42

You won't be eligible for superhost status for a year because you cancelled your last three bookings.

Did you check the implications and penalties of cancelling as a host before you cancelled these bookings?

If you had extenuating circumstances such as emergency repairs or serious illness within your close family you can apply for an exemption if you told BNB about this.

Unfortunately three cancellations in a row will also impact on future bookings as guests will be concerned that you will cancel their booking.

This is confusing your profile says you have 30 bookings dating back at least from April 2016, but you mention having recently joined last December . Is there a problem with your profile.

The original post is from February 2016 so this poster is likely long gone.

Ah thanks @Cynthia-and-Chris1 I replied as I thought it was recent - didn't realise @Blagoje0 had dredged up an old post for some reason  🙂 😞

Tom153
Level 2
Asheville, NC

Let me share a trick I leaned that may help. Text your guest once a day around the afternoon time with something like this....

”Just doing my daily check in to see if you need anything or how I can make your trip an excellent experience?”

This way you have given them the opportunity to remedy any issues and it shows you care.