Poor guest communication

Poor guest communication

Hello to everyone 

Iam a new host and tommorow it is supposed that i will welcome my first guests but I send messages through arbnb, because i do not have any other way of communication, but I didn't get any respond. So i know nothing for their plans.

Can anyone with more experience  help?

Thank you

Pavlos

3 Replies 3
Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

Hi @Anonymous, looking at it in a positive light it could be that they are travelling and won't pick up the messages, that often happens to our guests. You just have to assume they will arrive on the date they say. Or of course they might be guests who are bad at communication - you can't force people to respond!

Amaris0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi Pavlos,  It is very possible that your guest are in transit and have limited access to wifi or their mobile network as such have not received your messages as yet. 

You can go into you reservations where you will see your guest's phone number and possibly other contact options but to be hones if they are in transit, you might still not be able to get hold of them. 

I would say, you have done what you can, so long as they have your address and contact number then leave it to them to contact you once they arrive. I appreciate this might be an inconvenience in terms of waiting around for them to check in so perhaps going forward consider a check-in window and add a line to your description or rules requesting the guest to confirm an estimated time of arrival; this would help you manage you time better as well.

Other than that, you have a beautiful place with gorgeous surroundings - happy hosting!

BW, Ama

Lois-and-Darryl0
Level 10
Rochester, WA

We are new hosts too, Pavlos, and like you I became very nervous when our 2nd Guests, who had a party of 8 - the most we will book - didn't communicate with us once the booking was approved.  It was obvious they hadn't read the House Rules or House Manual, because it asks that we be briefly informed that they got inside the house ok, etc.  We were biting our nails!  When they left, our house was beautiful with a gracious note, and we got a wonderful review.  The 3rd Guests were the same way!  We also could tell they hadn't read the House Rules or the House Manual, and no communication.  Again - they were wonderful!  Kept the home clean and gave us a wonderful review!  If I let it, this could make me nuts, but I feel that if you use your gut instinct when they first contact you, read their reviews, ask questions, learn about why they're coming, that Guests are so busy having a good time that they don't think they need to bother you as the Host, or that you're expecting it.  So far, all has been well, and now we're not quite as nervous about the non-communication - if we feel good about the people renting our home.  Good luck Hosting Pavlos!