Portland Scam Alert

Portland Scam Alert

This place is listed as $30 a month to hold the unit. But they require you to pay the rest in cash!

[Link hidden]

5 Replies 5
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

We are just hosts here, you can flag the listing (but possibly not much will happen, I flagged something a couple of years ago and it's still there). I would  send a message to Airbnb, via twitter or FB.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Just looked at it, $45 per night??? 215 reviews? Where did you read that?

$30 a month. On the link.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Abby38,

As you say this does sound slightly odd. When I looked at the link you shared, the per night rate is actually a lot higher than the monthly rate, which suggests to me that the hosts has accidentally put a monthly rate on incorrectly or a special offer which isn't as they are expecting. This host has lots of nice reviews, so I think this is just a setting error. I couldn't see any note about cash mentioned in the listing.

It is a good spot and this difference in cost is something that if you are interested in booking, you should inform the hosts as they are most likely unaware or contact our Support Team who can look into this further. 

In terms of your post here, out of respect for the host, I have removed the link. 

I hope this helps.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Sorry. I thought demanding cash was against the rules. They must have changed it.

I did contact the hosts. But they are not going to stop their scam on my say so.

Why do you have respect for scammers?