Postponement up in the air

Andrea2646
Level 1
Blairgowrie, Australia

Postponement up in the air

As I am new to Airbnb I would very much appreciate advice on the following.  I have been receiving excellent reviews to date.  

Guest made booking on 2/6 for 1 night - 15/6.  She messaged on 9/6 the saying that something had come up and could they change the date otherwise might give it to a family member. 

I agreed to changing the date as she’d expressed much enthusiasm!

She queried  booking in August stating  that it was 2 night minimum prior to this - incorrect.  August is blocked out (and thereon at the moment).

I highlighted available dates until end of July.  

She has not responded nor cancelled booking for 15/6 which remainis booked on my calendar.  

I’m happy to be flexible with  reasonable guest requests.

2 Replies 2
Sally221
Level 10
Berkeley, CA

This sounds a bit fishy as she cannot give the booking to a family member as 3rd party bookings are not allowed. She is very likely to cancel last minute & ask for her money back & Airbnb is probably going to give it to her. If they don't, she might give you a poor review. I'm sorry to be the bearer of these tidings but being enthusiastic about your listing doesn't mean you will end up enthusiastic about her.  She's asking for something you aren't offering (August booking), mistating the terms of your listing- 2 day listing And she made an illegal suggestion -3rd party booking. I hope you kept all conversations on the platform & do  not allow a 3rd party booking into your place- it voids the slender protections you get from Airbnb. In fact, you may be able to get Airbnb to cancel for you (Doing the cancellation yourself is a last resort as it will harm your standings) Best to you, Sally

Sally221
Level 10
Berkeley, CA

And your place is drop dead gorgeous- who would not be enthusiastic? Do not relax your boundaries until you have gotten to know your guest in person- valuable advice from your countryman Robin