Pre-approval/Decline Question

Rae1
Level 2
Charlottesville, VA

Pre-approval/Decline Question

If I have responded to an inquiry and the guest decides to go elsewhere, do I still need to pre-approve or decline? 

4 Replies 4
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

If you are ever uncertain if you have done the reponses which need doing, go to the Dashboard, it will say what you have to do! If it says ''you have no pending items to respond to'' then you have done it right.

C-C0
Level 10
Memphis, TN

An inquiry, just a straight out question, does not require a preapproval or decline (even though it still says that on the red banner thing). A reservation request does require a preapproval or a decline.
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Rae1,

It would be good to give this Community Help Guide a read.

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Hosts/Reservation-Inquiry-or-Request-What-s-the-Difference-A-Communi...

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Maria238
Level 4
Kensington, CA

I just had an inquiry for 21 days and pre-approved the guest. After she decided it wouldnt work for her I thought the pre-approval would run its time and disappear - which it did not. 3 days later it still kept wanting me to pre-approve or decline. Very confusing. I declined to get rid of the message much to the confusion of the prospective guest. I lately wonder if Safari is not fully supported?

Any ideas anybody?

Thanks, 

Maria