Preapprovals

Eve0
Level 1
Auckland, New Zealand

Preapprovals

Hi there, I am wondering if there is some way I can permanently pre-approve particular guests that have stayed with me before and I am happy for them to book without requiring the pre approval again?  Thanks

6 Replies 6
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

If they send requests, you just have to accept. No need to pre-approve, you are just accepting the dates as taken. If they send enquiries, you pre-approve.

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

There is no automatic accept feature for guests that have stayed with you before. But my view is that if the loved it they are happy to send you a message and even better that you can reply saying welcome back - rather than them just using some form of Instant Booking system. 

Rehman0
Level 1
Nairobi, Kenya

I have a question,

I am a host.

I have received a booking request and i need to preapprove this booking. Is there a time limit for doing this?

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Rehman0....Now, your talking in riddles here!

Have you received a booking request or a booking enquiry? Rehman they are two entirely different things!

A booking enquiry will be a question asking if accommodation is 'possible' at your listing. It will be accompanied by a 'pre-approval ' request. You have two options! You can grant a pre-approval which is not a booking acceptance! It does not block your calendar and just tells the enquirer that your listing is available. At that point you have responded so you need do nothing else....it's up to the enquirer as to whether they want to book or look elsewhere. You are free to accept another booking for the requested enquiry dates! If you offer a pre-approval the guest has 24 hours to confirm their intentions and after that the pre-approval drops off the system and lapses.

Or secondly you can decline the enquiry for any number of reasons and that is the end of it. 

A booking request requires you to either accept or decline and you have 24 hours to do that!

You can decline the request and select one of the reasons that will appear in a drop down box before you can hit 'Decline' or you can accept the request and at that point it becomes a confirmed booking. Your response rate will be measured by the amount of time you take to respond. If you take longer than 24 hours it will be a black mark against you, so always respond promptly

From the infornation you have given Rehman...that's the best I can suggest.

Cheers.....Rob

Deborah161
Level 1
Niagara Falls, Canada

is a preapproval , incentive to book instantly, or is it pending ?

Elizabeth105
Level 2
Lusaka, Zambia

Hullo again 

Any one please help My listings are on instant book but most guests ask questions before booking when I do respond then I dont hear any thing again from the inquirer but the site keeps asking me to pre approve the guest, Sometimes would be guest is clear that they want to send someone local to view the place and ask for exact address. like the one I have now from Namakau After I respond they go quite on me but the system keeps asking me to Pre approve and send me last message/reminder to pre approve. What should I do. 

If I do nothing until time elapses does it work against me or what? I mean my ratings or something

Thanks for your help 

Elizabeth