Price reduction

Price reduction

I am new to this so need a little help.  I priced my house to low and it was booking like crazy, so I raised the price and still got bookings.  I raised it one more time and now it has slowed right down.   I want to lower the price but one user paid the high price.   Do I ignore or give the person who paid the higher rate the new price I change it to?

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Dynamic pricing is throughout the hospitality industry so it is not unusual for one guest to pay high and another to pay low.  I would just leave it alone.  There is really no way for the guest to find out that you are reducing the price since prices are tied to the dates of the reservation and you cannot change the price on booked and therefore blocked dates.  Also, you are not asking those who paid low to pay more, because you cannot.  However, should the guest modify the reservation, it might be a time when the price will adjust.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Donna649 

This person was happy with your price when booked.

If this guest is starting to complain, you can reconsider (but are not obliged to !) a lower price, otherwise just leave it.

Best regards,

Emiel