Price

Marie58
Level 2
Washington, DC

Price

We are new at this....When a guest books a room are they not charged the rate on the calendar?  We approved a guest, she booked, and then we looked at what she was paying and it is not the price we have listed, plus the cleaning fee.  Do guest name their price and we need to be watchful of this negotiation?  Does the cleaning fee have to be added to each stay?  I thought it was built-in automatically with each guest booking.

1 Reply 1
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Marie58,

First of all, do you have two rooms available in you home or just one|?  The reason I ask is you have two listings and I would hate for you to get double booked.

How long did the guest book for?  I notice you offer a 19% discount for stays of 7 days or more and a 12% discount for a month or longer.  Have you figured that into the price this guest is paying.  

In term of the cleaning fee, it usually broken down and is definately automatically paid automatically as part of the booking but sometimes it may show up into the nightly price.

I hope this helps clear it up.  If you provide a screenshot, I could be more accurate and probably figure out the issue but I am pretty sure it is with your discount.

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host