Pricing per person

Annerie0
Level 1
Johannesburg, South Africa

Pricing per person

Hi there, I am new to Airbnb. I would like to know how I can devide my house up into two seperate units, 1 room with kitchen and bathroom for two people and 2 rooms for 4 guests, sharing a bathroom? I would also like to charge per person per night and not per unit. How can I do this?

12 Replies 12
Barb6
Level 10
Stevensville, MI

@Annerie0 You would need to do two seperate listing for both of the different areas. 

On your listing you need to state that it is a shared bathroom.

And on your price settings you can do a base price of a certain amount, then per person after that.

Barb

Hi @Barb6, I also have a challenge with this. I have set the base price but I still don't have an option to set per person per night.  Can you please share steps on how I get to this setting, if you don't mind. 

Much appreciated.

@Pearl10 If you go to your pricing section it is listed under   "extra Charges" If you still can not locate it let me know, and i send a picture. And help you any way I can. Sorry for the delay.

Barb

Thank you @Barb6

Juan233
Level 1
Mexico City, Mexico

Hi, 

Let's say that my listing specifies 5 guest max, and then I got a reservation that specified 2 people+pet, but at the end 4 people came?, do I need to charge extra for the 2 that weren't specified on the reservation, or the price of the listing is for up to 5 people?

Unless you charge after so many guests.

The real problem is you have no idea that the other 2 were coming. In your time, you should specify you need all names of guests staying. What if there was an incident? You have no idea who is staying? What if you only had 1 bed ready. Your guests were deceitful in bringing more people than reserved for. But, is it in your house rules?

Juan233
Level 1
Mexico City, Mexico

Thank you Barb,

Thats the point exactly, my listing specifies that is full house max occupancy of 5, I don't know the pricing policies that much about how the pricing and everything goes, I don't know if the price is for the max occupancy or is per person, I've never used AirBnB as a Guest before, so I'm blank in that matter, the thing is as you correclty stated my actual guest was deceitful, her answer was that it was unexpected and last minute, I feel cheated and I dont want to get ripped off, I mean $37 USD for 4 people per day just sound wrong to me, maybe theres nothing to do now but I certainly don't want this to happen ever again.

Thanks for your time.

@Juan233,

I see that your listing currently charges $37 after the first guest. So your guest should pay the reservation price then $37 for 3 more people. You may want to set in your house rules and welcome email that they specify the total number of guests (so you can provide linnens accordingly) and each of their names. Hopefully that will clarify that they need to be honest.

Thank you Kurt & Vanessa, 

So if I got it right, I should send a complimentary charge for 3 more people that would be another $37 per day , where can I see this so I can show to my guests in case they ask, I'm finding that a lot of my potential guests have little to none expirience with the site, and being honest so do I. thanks in advance for your time and orientation.

Greetins!

@Juan233  In your listing it shows $37 dollar a night extra per guests. That seems rather steep.  $37 x 3 = $111 extra after the first guest.

For some reason  I am not able to add the snipt of your listing. I am surprised that you are not familiar enough with what you have choosen, to know where to find it. Perhaps you should study your listing choices a bit more.  And I would go on to say, perhaps you should snooze your listing until you are able to figure out how your own pricing works.

But please ask for more help. As soon as I am able to send you the snipt I will.  It is done through the resolution center. 

regards,

Barb

@Juan233 after you study your pricing section, you may want to adjust your price. Giving some one 50% discount for a month stay is cutting you off of a lot of $$. Why do that? 20% for a week stay is too much too.   I do not know what similar listings in your area are going for. Take a look at those and then price  a little less until you get some reviews built up.  I would suggest pricing moderately for 2 people then, extra per person after the first 2.  And you may not want to charge a cleaning fee if you are doing your own cleaning, at least for the first 6 months. 

I would also suggest to drop your minimum stay to 1 night until you get some reviews.  Its a little more work for turn over, but it helps build your reviews.

Best regards,

Barb