Pricing

Allyson6
Level 1
Beirut, Lebanon

Pricing

Hello,

I have both a single and a double room for rent and would like to price them differently. How do I go about this?

Also, when I look at my preview, it states that extra guests stay for free. When I set up my account I didn't see an option to change this.

Thank you!

Allyson

6 Replies 6
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

You need to create a sepeate listing for each room.  Then a third listing for the rooms rented together to one group.

Thank you!

Anne387
Level 1
New Zealand

Hi I am new to this site. I dont appear to be able to change or add anything on my listing. I have listed my prices as $45 and have had a booking who says the ad says $38? So 3 people are squeezing into one room for $38 total.

Plus I have two rooms one with a single bed and one with two singles. I was just reading a post that says i have to do a different listing for each room, is this correct? Thank you

Hi, @Anne387, yes, different listing for each room you are offering. And the $45 vs $38 might be a currency thing. You see your prices in NZ dollars. Perhaps it was an American looking to book? If so, they would see the price in US dollars. Happens to me (Canadian vs US dollars) all the time.

I just looked, @Anne387, and the way you have it set up now, that guest does not think three people will be cramming into one room. The listing says he will get two rooms. He will have every right to complain if he books and gets only one room. Best to fix that right away. Two listings - one for each room. 

Hi Lawrence,

I have the same problem, listed my flat for $40 per person, per night. But the listing shows $39... I have a guest coming along with 2 more people for 8 nights, so that makes a difference. I've informed my guest about the error but the question is what is it going to be when AirBNB charges the guest - will they charge $40 or $39? Do I have to get the rest of the money in cash from the guest?

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Maya