Pricing

Annette122
Level 2
New Town, Australia

Pricing

Why does my pricing change on Airbnb without my authority. It is time consuming watching prices every day. 

Dose anybody else have this issue. It can be at times $30 plus over my base fee of $99 there must be an answer.Bug in system is not an answer I wanted from Airbnb 

6 Replies 6
David-and-Fiona0
Level 10
Panglao, Philippines

Do you have smart pricing on?

Sue455
Level 2
Madison, WI

Did you get a response to your question? I have just been on the phone for the third time in 5 months about my price changing indiscriminately...and I don' t have Smartpricing on.  Have you had any response from AirBNB?  I've asked for that to happen the last two times and haven't heard from them.  I'm becoming disgruntled and thinking they just don't know and aren't working to find out!

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Sue455 ,

Looking at your listing prices seem to be rather steady. You have a 10% weekly and a 20% monthly discount set.

Best regards, Emiel

Yes, they should be a steady price but they have changed intermittantly throughout the past 6 months when I had not made any attempt to make the changes.  Mysteriously, and without my intervention, they either deducted or added dollars to my daily rate.

@Sue455 do you have any outside services linked to your profile?

(Like Smartbnb or some other channel manager?)

Also, hosts who have co-hosts linked to their account can view the Change Log for their listing, which displays all the changes made to your listing (including when the change was made and who made the change).

If you are having mysterious changes made to your listing (it has happend to me also), it might be worth adding a friend as a co-host just so you can see your Change Log,

Elizabeth429
Level 10
Madrid, Spain

@Annette122,

Have you tried renewing your password to enter your Airbnb profile?

Maybe not necessarily your case, but I had a close friend entering his Facebook account from my phone only once and now I have access to his Airbnb profile from my laptop. I still have to log off from his to enter my own listing.