Pro tools: understanding listing view figures

Sudana-and-Narina0
Level 2
Bali, Indonesia

Pro tools: understanding listing view figures

Hi all

Is anyone else having trouble understanding their stats with the new Pro Tools? I'm trying to get my head around this... can anyone please explain these discrepancies:

When I look at my view figures for 1 Oct to 31 Dec, the graph shows the listing views for 21 October show as 1072.
But when I change the dates only to show view figures for 1 to 31 Oct, the graph shows the listing views for 21 October as 165.

Why is there this change? I'd love to hear any advice or explanations

Screenshot 2019-10-16 at 10.49.09.pngScreenshot 2019-10-16 at 10.50.18.png

10 Replies 10
Ricardo85
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Sudana-and-Narina0 

Click on the "?" icon next to "Listing page views, average per listing rate":

"Average daily number of distinct visitors who saw the listing page during the 90 days leading up to a given night"

Ricardo

Se você achou esta resposta útil não deixe de dar um "Like".

Meu Perfil.

Coloque "@Ricardo". Assim eu recebo uma notificação.

G-C-R-M0
Level 7
California, United States

@Sudana-and-Narina0 - Apa kabar!?

I agree, I think this is really confusing. The explanation about 90-day leading up to the selected date doesn't really make sense either. If this 90-day leading to was true, it would be fixed amount because 90-day leading up to the selected date is a fixed number of days in the past and already has X number of views recorded.

Instead what is happening here is the page views metrics or whatever metrics displayed is "normalized" against the range, so the longer the range, the less granular the view, the higher the total number because that's the total number for that week. This is a feature in javascript library used to display graphs like this (yes, quite familiar with javascript).

Try looking at the granular/daily view (the 2nd picture) and total the number of bookings (daily) between Oct 21 to Oct 28, and you will probably get a total around 1072 (the 1st picture) for that week.

Hope this helps. Terima kasih, sampai lain kali kita ngobrol2 lagi.

Terima kasha banyak, G C R M1... senang bertemu denganmu 🙂

Thank you for your explanation – I have zero understanding of Javascript, so this is useful to me.  

@Sudana-and-Narina0 Nanti kalau kami pulang ke Indonesia, dan mampir ke Bali, mau coba2 nginap di situ. Diskon ya? 🙂

Iya - silekan! Sepi sikali disini.
Anda dari mana?

Sekarang di California, AS.

Dulu dari Jakarta dan Surabaya, terus Holland/Amsterdam. Masih ada famili2 di Jkt, Sby, dan Holland.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Sudana-and-Narina0 

I find this graph useless and confusing.

If someone books a certain date way in advance then the graph will show 0 views for this date.

If the same date remains open till the last minute then the graph will show many views.

Zero views seem bad and 1000 views seem good but in fact, it is the opposite. So how this can be helpful?

What I would like to see is how many views my listing had today, yesterday, last week, last month... etc. because it would give me some insight of where my listing is placed in the search, what days in the week guests are most likely to search for accommodation etc... It was like that until the recent change months ago.

I'm with you, Branka and Silvia. What I'd like to know is, how many views did my listing have yesterday, last week, last month, but what I'd also like to know is, at this point in time how many views total has my listing had for 21 October, or 14 November, or any particular date in future. I hope someday this tool will be updated!

@Branka-and-Silvia0  - So depending on which metrics you are looking at, they represent different things, and should be interpreted accordingly, IMO.

Views represent number of views, which by definition if/when your place is booked on certain date(s), people who search your location with that date range will not be able to see your place in the listing.  This is an independent indicator telling you just that much.

To me, what's more useful is the 1st page impression - how many people actually see my listing in the first 10 places. When coupled with the number of views, this tells me how many people are actually interested to learn more about the place. Then when combined with number of bookings for that same time range I can learn how attractive the ad is.

What I'd be interested in discovering in more depth are things like: how many more people would've considered my place with the different booking cancellation policy. And how this fluctuates over the different time/seasons. This way I could adjust the cancellation policy dynamically. 
Similarly, how would instant booking vs no instant booking affect the attractiveness.

I guess these are more complex to present by airbnb, cause it requires more than just stats, and more regarding viewer/users behavior.  Regardless, the more data, the better for me to understand the trend.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

I am with everyone else here in thinking this listing view figures are useless. It is the only thing I regret about switching over to Professional Hosting Tools.