Problem with Payouts

K64
Level 1
New South Wales, Australia

Problem with Payouts

Hey Guys

Has anyone experienced $0 payouts?? 

Our property is about 3wks & at least 8- guests in payouts delayed??

all of a sudden our bank account has defaulted? Apparently a problem with world pay?? Is this weird? 

And are we the only ones?? 

3 Replies 3
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@K64  There is often a 30 day delay of payouts for new listings.  This is stated in the article about payouts in the Help Center if you need more details.  Don't worry.  You will get the payouts soon.

David3228
Level 2
Cairns, Australia

Hi K,

No... you are not alone in missed payments due to some glitch in the system.  We have been waiting for several weeks now for a payout which should have been processed in November.  The message we see is the following: 

"There’s a problem with your Bank Account payout method.
Add a new payout method and make it the default."

We have tried and tried to add a new bank account.  Nothing works, calls to support don't resolve the issue.  See the various threads for other hosts who have been hit by this glitch   https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Payout-issues-in-Australia/m-p/861758#M184852

A path of action has been suggested by Michele   over a month ago  @Robin @Gillian @Kath @Michelle @Michael@Esme

This is a cut and paste of her post  (hope you don't mind me sharing Michele) 

"Hi all,

thanks for your comments and your share Rob.  I contacted AirBNB (3 phone calls to get through last night) and then was told the same that they are saying now.  That they know there is a problem and are working on it.  The customer rep. said that they would phone me back within the next 24hours (and pigs fly).

I informed AirBNB that in the absence of any information and the repeated requests for my bank details I could only assume it was a cyberattack.  Since AirBNB are not communicating with the affected people and not informing us directly about what is going I have no choice but to call the police and report a suspected cyber attack.

I suggest everyone else do the same thing.  The media will help but it is more likely that if we all phone/report this to the police (remember it is also a crime that they have not paid us) and report a suspected cyber attack on AirBNB that they are refusing to advise their customers about. 

If AirBNB are having to answer to the police then we are more likely to find out some answers.  The website to report the suspected cyber attack on is: 

https://www.acorn.gov.au/       "

Below is our last message from support, but gives NO indication of when it will be fixed - we are just supposed to check back to our account to see if the problem has been ironed out.  What sort of service is that?  Plus it makes us wary of accepting another booking due to payout issues

Hi David. We have just got an update and the issue has now been forwarded to our engineering team. They are working very hard to fix the issue. I am unable to provide any timeframe but feel free to check your account from time to time as it will be automatically fixed. -Angeli
Nancy1389
Level 1
Massachusetts, United States

I had a guest check in on July 31--they took her money but they did not pay me.  Instead of a payout, they DEDUCTED from my bank account my "charitable contribution."  After half a dozen phone calls in the last two weeks as well as messages from them in response--"we have submitted your inquiry to those above"--I still have not gotten a single call back from what they call their "ambassador."  They are either bankrupt or stonewalling or their system.  There's no problem with my bank account, etc....they just aren't paying and aren't responding.  I had another guest check in yesterday; now I'll see if they pay for this one.

In any case, I plan to call my attorney general's office here in Boston tomorrow and get legal action rolling.

Anyone else not getting payouts for absolutely no reason, and not getting any response from the company?  I fear this will be the end of Airbnb.