Profile Photo not Updating

Profile Photo not Updating

I am a host and traveler. My original ABB photo was of me and an Ex. I updated the photo once I started hosting and was with a new person. However, when I log into my account, the old photo still shows to me on the first page in the upper right corner. I deleted that photo from my account when I updated it to the new one and I have verified that it does not exist still anywhere within my account. From what I can tell, nobody else can see the old one still when viewing my profile. But I still see it and it was a nasty and bitter end to a 15 year marriage. I dont want to see this photo anymore. Is there a way I can fix this so that it doesn't still appear every time when I first log-in to my account?

Please help. Anyone. Ideas?

28 Replies 28
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Steven-and-Maruska0 clean your browser cache

did this work? I'm having exactly the same issue. 

This does work, I just fixed mine now.

please explain what you did, I am having the same issue. What is the browser cache?

I clear my cache on a weekly basis and this still doesn't work. The old picture still shows up in the right corner when I log on.  The picture has long been deleted from my profile. 

Same here. Funnily enough my profile picture is correct on this community page but empty in the top right hand corner when I login to the main site. 

Jonathon16
Level 1
Melbourne, Australia

Got the same problem - photo with an ex-gf showing up but normal on this community page. Any suggestions, besides getting back with the ex?

Laura1686
Level 1
Parkville, MD

I also am having the same issue and would REALLY rather not see the ex everytime I'm logged in for traveling rather than hosting. Airbnb folks, can you please figure out a solution to this issue which apprears to be affecting mutliple people? Thank you in advance for your help.

Jordan179
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

I'm having the same problem. For some reason my ex's photo keeps showing up as my profile pic on the mainpage, but is the right one on this conversation. I'd really like to change it across the board to just my photo, please. And I have cleared my browser history to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. 

Antoni13
Level 1
Jakarta, Indonesia

I have same problem and already complaint to @airbnbhelp on twitter. they just say will fixed my problem, but they still no fixed it yet. I am trying to fix it with clean my cache memory and its work now.

Aliza3
Level 1
San Diego, CA

Over a year later. Me too!

Charlene63
Level 1
Greystanes, Australia

same! and was really **bleep**ing awkward going to book airbnb for the first time with my new boyfriend only to have a photo of me and my ex pop up.... please fix this haha airbnb yall runing relationships out here 

Damian59
Level 2
Goodna, Australia

OK so as previously discussed the cache worked for me, it's great!

I can only speak for chrome browser but:

- click in the top right on the 3 dots

- Go to "more tools"

- select "clear browsing data"

- make sure cache is selected and then choose ok to clear

- once done, refresh you airbnb page and it should ask you to sign in again

Once you sign in, your new photo should be displayed.

Leanne84
Level 1
Tebworth, United Kingdom

Had the same issue and that helped, thanks!!