Property Management Company Issues

Ryan258
Level 1
Mooresville, NC

Property Management Company Issues

Hello community, 

I'm curious to know if commercial property management companies are allowed to post properities on Airbnb. I was surprised to find out that a stay that I booked was not an individual home owner's property, but a commercial property management's. After finding out I took the risk, which was not worth it. I have been trying to resolve an issue with the company (which has extended past the 14 day review period) and I'm not at all satisfied with how they've handled the issue. I would love to report the host, but don't know if there is anything that I can do about it now that the review period has past. So, I guess this post is really about two issues. 1) Are commercial property management companies allowed to post properties and 2) is there anyway to review or file a complaint about a host after the 14 day window?

Thanks

Ryan 

5 Replies 5
Ben205
Level 10
Crewkerne, United Kingdom

@Ryan258

Hi. Sorry to hear your problems. I don't know the specific answers - a call to Airbnb would sort that out more quickly (use the search to find the numbers).

However, as there are co-hosts on here with multiple properties, it would appear that you can run a business managing Airbnb property for owners (or own multiple properties and manage them yourself as a business). There are also hotels, which aren't that different, either.

Personally, it seems to take something away from the Airbnb idea, and they should at least have a different style of listing (ie booking.com!).

`Yes-there is nothing to stop a commercial company  listing on AiirBnB.

If you have a problem then before you even decide to stay there you contact AirBnB to get the issue resolved or have you moved to another property. It's much harder to stay for your full booked period and then try to make a claim, as you have used the facilitiiies, etc and the issue cannot have been that bad as  you wouldn't have decidied to stay.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

1. Of course.

2. You can flag the listing.

David
Michelle613
Level 1
Venice, FL

I have to agree, I was suprised to find out a room I had booked was run by a management company.  It wasn't stated in the room description or details, but once I booked, was told to go through the company for any questions and information regarding my stay.

My one issue with this is the Cleaning Fee.  If the management company manages this and it is similiar to a hotel booking, then the cleaning fee should be part of the price.  I'm assuming the person posting the listing is receiving the cleaning fee and that doesn't sit well with me.

Thank you for letting me vent.

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Ryan

When one considers that average number of properties per person is three, I would say AirBnb have no problem with it, in addition to this I have read recently that Airbnb have a system where a landlord can take a share of 15% of a tenant earning on Airbnb. 

I have also read an article on Tech Crunch titled "Airbnb's Home-Hotel hybrid will open in Florida next year" where tenants rent an apartment from Airbnb and then are actively encouraged to rent out one of their room on Airbnb, presumably Airbnb will be charging a premium rent and directing traffic to these apartments.

It's an Hotel enterprise with zero Employees which has to be the Holy Grail of bussiness.

I think that Airbnb have seen the writing on the WALL and are adapting accordingly.

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer's Club Krakow III