Push Sound Notifications

Erb-And-Shella0
Level 2
Manila, Philippines

Push Sound Notifications

Hello All.   Airbnb has been so good to me!   In the last 30 days, I had 90 bookings.   I added 5 yurts to the property.  

The problem is with my new phone, the Push Sound Notifications aren't coming making the Airbnb Sound.

I went from 100% response rate to 92%.   

1.  My new  phone is Android 8.0

2.  On the Airbnb App, the push notifications are active for both Reminders and Messages.

3.  The phone does show notifications on the screen, but the sound notifications are not there.

Reasoning of my response rate dropping off to 92%:  (different issue as above)

With all the volume of messages, the messages get pushed so far down that I don't catch them on the app.

The PC version will tell me I have unread ones.  But I don't get to the PC everyday.

32 Replies 32

Go under the main Android Notifications (Settings>Notifications), then select the Airbnb app>General>Sound, and pick your preferred notification sound.

Michelle264
Level 6
Hokitika, New Zealand

I have exactly the same problem since my phone did an update of the Airbnb app. I no longer get the usual message tone that was only for Airbnb messages. It is now just the same as all the other notifications.

Same here. Note 9... 

Sonia779
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

I have the same issue after I upgraded to the Note 9 from Note 5. Seriously no one at AirBnb tech support can resolve this? this hasnt happend with any of my other apps.. and people have been complaining about this issue for over a year

Mary1387
Level 2
Columbus, GA

I have a Samsung Tab S3 tablet and a Samsung Luna Pro Phone. Notification SOUNDS worked for several months. All of a sudden the SOUNDS stopped working on BOTH devices. I changed nothing on the notification settings. Double checking the settings, neither had the option to choose what sounds I want. It only offers the option to have sound which I do.  I rely on sound notifications. Why had this happened  and how can I get sounds to work again?  (None of the suggestions posted here work for me.)

Jimmy25
Level 2
Miami, FL

Hello from Miami Florida.  I have a zte phone and a Samsung galaxy tablet.  It's been since April 2019 that the app is not ringing any sound. None. I'm lucky if I see a request or inquiry.  I lost reservations for not answering quickly.  I called airbnb and they are incapable of helping me.  I downloaded new apps  and nothing. Notifications is set for ringing all messages. 

Does anybody has any solution to this nightmare?  Otherwise,  I won't be able to host.  Thanks 

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I have a similar (or worse) problem, @Jimmy25;  no SMS or email messages from Airbnb. Reported it lots of times. Airbnb admit the issue is at their end but have said there's no immediate fix. I was given a $25 voucher and told 'we can't do any more'. 

I asked for @Laura_C's help a week or so ago but no good news as yet. 

apparently, they have no clue. why did they give you $25.00?...asa guest?..or host?..thanks

Hey @Gordon0 ! I checked back in with the tech team today. 

The team is working on a solution for the push notification challenges mentioned in this thread ... it will roll out late October / early November.

Would you mind dropping me a note in my direct messages here on the Community Center with the details of the SMS issues that you're having (and what responses you've had to date)? The team would love to dive in and help.

Thanks!
Laura

--------------------

Lead, Airbnb Core Hosts & Community

Here's my Community Spotlight!

What are your favorite notes from your guests?

@Gordon0  ... just sent you a direct message (here in the community center) regarding your SMS concerns ... the team has a potential solution for you. LMK if it works. 

Laura

--------------------

Lead, Airbnb Core Hosts & Community

Here's my Community Spotlight!

What are your favorite notes from your guests?

Thomas-and-Ramona0
Level 4
Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea

Hi Laura, I have the same problem of no unique notification sound for Airbnb on my new Xiaomi phone running Android One (Android 9). Could you advise me if there is a fix that may work for me? Thank you!

Ramona

Alice425
Level 3
Arroyo Grande, CA

Hi all, I have a problem with not receiving audible notifications from Airbnb on my Android moto g4.  I do get them on my iPad.  Unfortunately I miss messages because of it.  Can anyone provide an update as to when this will be fixed?

Eyal11
Level 3
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel

I bypassed that bug by enabling sms notification for messages. After the first sms arrival, I added its number to the contact list and set a unique ringtone.

If you like to download the ringtone file:

https://www.zedge.net/ringtone/88f5c64b-d34d-441e-b062-81aa7b1d7d11

Luana130
Level 10
State of Bahia, Brazil

I don't get airbnb sound notifications on my android either, but since I have an email account exclusively for my rentals I get the email notification for it.

Alex1728
Level 2
United States

After switching devices and battling this issue for literally weeks - I was able to get sound notifications by going through the following steps:

Hard reset on phone (actually tried multiple devices here)
Fresh install on airbnb app
Delete "AirBNB" under the "Accounts" settings - listed among my gmail and other sync'd accounts

It does not make the airbnb specific sound (bummer) but it does make my standard notification noise now. Currently working to reinstate the AirBNB sound - will update here if I figure it out.

Currently running Android 9 - I was not able to resolve the issue on an older phone running Android 7.