Push Sound Notifications

Erb-And-Shella0
Level 2
Manila, Philippines

Push Sound Notifications

Hello All.   Airbnb has been so good to me!   In the last 30 days, I had 90 bookings.   I added 5 yurts to the property.  

The problem is with my new phone, the Push Sound Notifications aren't coming making the Airbnb Sound.

I went from 100% response rate to 92%.   

1.  My new  phone is Android 8.0

2.  On the Airbnb App, the push notifications are active for both Reminders and Messages.

3.  The phone does show notifications on the screen, but the sound notifications are not there.

Reasoning of my response rate dropping off to 92%:  (different issue as above)

With all the volume of messages, the messages get pushed so far down that I don't catch them on the app.

The PC version will tell me I have unread ones.  But I don't get to the PC everyday.

32 Replies 32
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Erb-And-Shella0. I guess you need to get deeper into your phones settings. And those may differ depending on the country of distribution.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

The phone settings are set to  allow the airbnb settings to push the notifications.  Yet there isn't a way to enable sound in either the android notifications or the airbnb notifications.    As Tom Cruise once said:   #TECH SUPPORT, I NEED TECH SUPPORT

I am having the same problem. Suddendly after an update in software on my galaxy s8+ the notifcations have the same sound as my regular text messages and I can't tell them apart. I can't find a place in my phone to assign Airbnb a different tone, or how to find the original tone to set it back! 

Hello everyone, I was having the same issue on my Galaxy S9+ and I found the solution!

Go under the main Android Notifications (Settings>Notifications), then select the Airbnb app>General>Sound, and pick your preferred notification sound.

Hope this helps!

Thank you very much for your answer, but you will not find the original sound there by default. Now, does anyone know where can we find and save the original Airbnb app sound??? ....so we can add it like described above 🙂 Thank you in advance. 

Hola...

Cómo encontrar el tono original de AIRBNB para restablecerlo ?

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hola @LuisErnesto2

Soy Quincy y me encargo de dinamizar este foro angloparlante de Airbnb.

Te agradezco que utilices este foro para solventar dudas, pero quizás te interese saber que tenemos un foro hispanohablante en Airbnb, donde participan anfitriones en español. Te invito a que visites >El Centro de la Comunidad<, donde tu publicación, al ser en español, tendrá más visibilidad y más posibilidades de ser contestada por otros anfitriones de Airbnb. Te animo a que también publiques tu duda allí.

Un saludo y gracias por participar en la Comunidad de Airbnb.

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Vyacheslav6
Level 2
Tashkent, Uzbekistan

Thank you so much!! Really appreciate this 🙂 

Thank you so much, this worked for me. I downloaded the mpg3 file from your link and then copy it from "My Files/Downloads" to "Internal Storage /Notifications". Now the Airbnb sound is an option to choose for the Airbnb app push notifications in Settings.

Again, thanks so much! 

Amy759
Level 2
Monroe, GA

I am new to this just trying to browse around and see how this works

Amy Sims
Vyacheslav6
Level 2
Tashkent, Uzbekistan

Folder/sdcard/Notifications/airbnb.mp3

Patrick303
Level 3
Irvington, NJ

Great, it works. Thanks

Escape-Cabins0
Level 2
Krabi, Thailand

Has anyone using Android 9 managed to solve this issue? I have Airbnb notification sound installed on my phone following the link above, but I still can't find the way to make it work only as Airbnb app notification sound. So far the only way that I've found that allows me to assign the sound to Airbnb app is by assigning the sound as the phone's default notification sound. This makes Airbnb app use its notification sound but now all other deault notifications on the phone sound like Airbnb notification. Can anyone tell me how I can change notification sound just on the Airbnb app on an Android 9 phone?