Recover damages from guest

Recover damages from guest

We had a guest check out at 11am and new guest checking in at 2pm. To claim against a security deposit, you need to lodge the claim before the next guest checks in. We have 2 towels that were lost/stolen, Lino that has a scorch mark, coffee stains on the pillows, doona, doona cover and carpet. We needed to get the carpet shampooed before the next guest arrived.

I entered a claim for $300, as an approximate amount, to go back and edit later, and add photos. But it seems I can’t edit it.

Is there any way to edit the claim?

Thanks

3 Replies 3
Cheryl389
Level 7
Keyport, NJ

No, you would have to cancel it and resubmit it again with the photos. I know it's terrible, but I've run into that twice.

If I cancel it, then the new one will be submitted after the new guest moved in, so too late to claim the security deposit.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Jenny829 

I faced the same problem, I've send my guest a message immediately through the message system and said something like " I am disappointed when I discovered broken X and Y and will submit a damage claim as soon as I get the estimate for repair/replacement. I would be grateful if you will be willing to pay for it"  My guest never answered.

Then I've sent a message to Airbnb the same day and let them know the damage was done but I have no time to submit it before my next guests arrive and will do it within a week. They said no problem, and later when I got estimates and receipts I submitted a damage claim. Everything ended fine and the case was resolved within 2 days.