Refund for cancellation

Margaret551
Level 2
New York, NY

Refund for cancellation

Hello,

I just cancelled a reservation and am due a full refund (as per the host's cancellation policy) but when I made a reservation $66 dollars were already charged to my card and now the refund is only going to be the part I hadn't yet paid.  But the policy says FULL refund... in order to cancel, I had to say that I agreed with the partial refund, but it is wrong.  I don't know how to get help.  I feel like I am being cheated.

Margaret.

6 Replies 6
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Margaret551 did you cancel within the 48h time frame after booking? 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Margaret551 

here is the explanation of all canclation policies and how much refund you can get depends WHEN you booked and WHEN you canceld

https://www.airbnb.com/home/cancellation_policies#flexible

Margaret551
Level 2
New York, NY

I just figured out the issue.  Thanks.

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Margaret551 what was the problem? 

It's too hard for me to explain briefly, but basically I got confused with the figures and what I had already paid vs. the total refund... the amount they said they were refunding was half of the total, but then I realized it's because I had only paid half so far.  So it is all clear now.  Thanks everyone for helping.

Jennifer1421
Level 10
Peterborough, Canada

I see that you are a host, as well as a traveler, Margaret.  I also see that you just cancelled a guest's reservation, so I'm not entirely sure if you're talking about that, or a traveling reservation you made. Regardless, there is a pinned post in the help section that offers advice on getting in touch with Airbnb. It includes phone numbers, so I'd recommend contacting customer service and finding out why, if you've cancelled your traveling reservation within the full refund period, you are not receiving same.