Refund to a closed bank account

Vasilija1
Level 2
BG, Serbia

Refund to a closed bank account

I recently cancelled reservation as a guest, but I forgot that in meantime I closed that very bank account from which I initially paid the reservation. The refund was automatically sent to that closed account. After I realized that I contacted Airbnb customer support which told me to contact my bank so they can redirect the money. 
But the bank told me they have nothing to do with that money since the bank account is not existant anymore.
I deleted non-valid payment info and provided a new bank account for Airbnb, but I'm worrying what will happen to mo money? Will I ever see it? Will Airbnb ever required it to a new bank account which I provided subsequently?
Please, I need help. 
Thank you!

24 Replies 24
Jasmin552
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

Is this resolved? Same issue here!

Yes I got my refund

Keith511
Level 2
Ware, United Kingdom

In my case YES!

Regards

Keith.

Sarah3758
Level 2
Peterborough, United Kingdom

How did it get resolved? 

Air B and B have now closed the chat so I can longer message them, they consider the matter closed.

Still no refund!

We used to bank with Santander also.

Keith511
Level 2
Ware, United Kingdom

Hi Sarah,

Have read all I have written?

Sarah3758
Level 2
Peterborough, United Kingdom

Yes, we have the ARN number and Santander can see the payment going to them but it had nowhere to go so it was rejected and sent back to Air B and B.

Air B and B want written proof with times and dates and reference numbers from Santander to show that the payment has gone back to them. 

This proof does not exist! Santander didnt receive the payment as it had nowhere to go.

Edward593
Level 2
Calhoun, GA

Yes I got a refund. Let me tell you how to do it. It will not let you refund back on a updated original payment method. But if u will create a host acct not a guest acct and then add a payout method and put in your new acct info. They will send your refund to the payout host acct. They will not tell you this. They keep telling you call u bank. We can't refund to new acct only on original payment acct. 

Hi! I tried this it did not work!

Evangelina25
Level 2
San Antonio, TX

Hello all,

i am currently going through the same situation and AirBNB just tells me to call the bank which has been closed for more than a month.

very frustrating situation

Same here. Is been a month.  

I canceled my reservation on Feb 28th 2023 and I didn't realize that my payment method was obsolete,  since 1 year approximate.  The bank , credit card and account don't longer exists it was SunTrust . I closed it before Truist brought it.  So, I don't have nothing related with Truist. I updated my info the same day and called Airbnb.  Since then, is been procrastinating this refund.  I went to the bank Truist which is Not my bank and told them the situation gave them the transaction number,  my social and nothing since the account , bank and credit not exist they didn't find  the transaction.  Is going to rejected and got back to the sender. 

So, how are going you to help me ?

I know with another electronic message saying that you are working  or something like this other message apologize if you are having this issue Farah we had tried our best to provide you a solution to your request however it did not meet the guidelines since your bank does not exist. 

We are more than willing to provide you the information to obtain your refund from your bank however as you mentioned the bank does not exist. This is really a problem with your bank.

Yeah,  and what about the Note that it said .

"If your original payment method account was closed,  the refund sent by Airbnb won't be processed.  If this happened,  we'll contact you and you'll have the option to update your payment method ".

You won't do nothing.  Like the Airbnb "support".  

I know every word that you are going to tell me.  

Sincerely,  

Farah