Refunding for long-term stay, partially used

Jayshree1
Level 1
Chennai, India

Refunding for long-term stay, partially used

Hi, Comrades on Airbnb !

I have a guest who started his stay yesterday, for a stay of just over a month.

He came over to my city on primarily medical grounds, which became apparent after

his coming in.  Now, after his hair-transplant operation today, he would like to shift to another place

about five or six days from now.

Although I have had plenty of guests before, this is the first time I'm in this situation.  

Can anyone guide me how I should go about refunding the guest ?  After a random study of the community posts 

here, I got the idea that I should request the guest to cancel from his side, and make a fresh request for the actual days of stay; and any refund from me should be through the Airbnb mode itself. 

I may have three weeks "free" days too, if the guest cancels. Would these days automatically open up for fresh guests ?

Grateful for your guidance, friends !

Thanks 

Jayshree 

1 Reply 1
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Jayshree1

Your guest has to make the cancellation - and then your cancellation policy comes into effect, which will determine how much, if anything he gets back. 

Be careful however, if you get an email that looks like a request to cancel, but also offers you the opportunity to decline the request, then do not approve it - as iit will count as a cancellation by you.

Once the guest cancels, your calendar will re-open. Dependiing on your policy and whether or not you resell nights, you can decide how much, if anything extra to refund your guest