Refunds to guests

Refunds to guests

We've been a superhost for a year and had a situation for which I would like to refund part of the fee back to the guest. What is the best, more efficient way to do that? I've searched the platform and don't see a way to do it through airbnb. Does anybody know how to do this?

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Roxanne-and-Don0 

If it is an active reservation:

Change the reservation ("change" option) and amend the price in the change form.

Otherwise:

Use the resolution centra to sent money:

https://www.airbnb.com/resolutions

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Roxanne-and-Don0 One way is to send a modification of booking to the guest and shorten the stay and ask them to accept .but do not send a refund for monies that you have not received as this can cause an overpayment and a greater refund.for instance if a guest asks to extend a day via messenger and you say okay and send a request for the extension and they then change their mind and you send a refund , you may find that the guest has not accepted the extra day charge but has received the refund and then may refuse to acknowledge this. Be careful . It is a scam . so in saying that you should wait for money to be paid before processing any refund as it will take a few days.H

Thanks, Helen744. I found a way to refund money to guest through the dispute resolution center page.  It gives you the ability to request or send money. The guest had already paid and let us know about an issue after they checked out. We wanted to make it right, so we refunded part of their stay. So no worries about scams. Thanks for sharing your insight.- Roxanne & Don