Regular repeat guests - reviews

Answered!
Marie966
Level 2
Langley, Canada

Regular repeat guests - reviews

We have a regular guest who always leaves great reviews and I do the same for her.  I told her she didn't need to keep reviewing as it gets repetitive.  Does it affect my overall Superhost rating if a guest does not leave a review? 

1 Best Answer
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Marie966 You have to be reviewed by at least 50% of your guest stays to retain Superhost status, so yes, it's important to continue to get reviews. If you go to the Performance tab on your dashboard then select Opportunities, then click the Superhost button and it will tell you how you're doing. If you're taking lots of other reservations apart from hers you may not need her reviews, but if she's your primary guest, you should probably get her to keep at it.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Marie966 You have to be reviewed by at least 50% of your guest stays to retain Superhost status, so yes, it's important to continue to get reviews. If you go to the Performance tab on your dashboard then select Opportunities, then click the Superhost button and it will tell you how you're doing. If you're taking lots of other reservations apart from hers you may not need her reviews, but if she's your primary guest, you should probably get her to keep at it.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

In theory it could affect you as you are expected to have a certain percent of guests provide a review.  Probably will not in reality.

Marie966
Level 2
Langley, Canada

Thanks so much for your replies!  I wonder if my guest could just put 5 stars as her review without any commentary.  That would be easier for her.  

@Marie966The bulk of the review isn't the written portion, but the ratings, so I don't think that's going to help her. I would just tell her to cut and paste the same review. Because no one can see the star ratings given in any particular review, it might be a bad idea to leave it blank: the potential guest might think it's blank because the guest didn't want to say anything bad.