Rentals not showing up

Kim771
Level 2
Tryon, NC

Rentals not showing up

I am a 100% 5 star Superhost with 100% excellent reviews.  In 2020 & 2021 i was constantly booked.  There is a shortage of hotels & we are right next to a busy equestrian center. Earlier this year my properties stopped showing up in searches, but could be found if someone searched on a map.  In August my listings started rarely showing up on a map even.  We are in our high season and i don’t have a single booking for the rest of this year. I know a lot of people have had a problem with this.  Anyone get a solution?  Airbnb insists there is no issue.  Bookings are down 85% for the year.  

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Kim771 

You own 9 listings, 8 show up in the search system:

https://www.airbnb.com/s/homes?host_id=94714075&map_toggle=true

3 are in category "tiny homes"

4 are in category "cabins"

3 are in category "farms"

8 are in category "countryside"

8 are in category "vineyards"

Kim771
Level 2
Tryon, NC

Yes, they show as active.  Someone can find them if they know to search under my name and associated link.  This is why Airbnb says it's all ok.  But it's not...

The problem is most guests search by area or map or now type of accommodation and that is where my listings used to show up and no longer are.  For instance a search for a tiny home in Columbus, NC will not bring up my tiny home cabins in Columbus.  A search under vineyards in Tryon will not bring up my Chalet though it has vineyards on 2 sides.  And general searches doesn't bring them up either. 

Sorry @Kim771 , I don't know of a solution to why the Superhosts and better listings are not showing up on the maps, under categories, or in searches.  Airbnb seems to have designed the summer rollout to snub their better hosts and promote OMG off-the-grid listings.  

I just read an article in the NY times where guests are just as unhappy with Airbnb as the hosts who are no longer getting bookings.  Between the rollout, very poor customer service for both hosts and guests, I think Airbnb may have a major PR problem.  From the 1300 disgruntled guest comments (in 2 days) I read they are going back to renting hotels.  They no longer trust Airbnb or want to support an industry which is driving housing prices up.