Renting to a front line worker

Renting to a front line worker

My current tenant is a front line worker. His lease is up June 27th and I was suppose to start Airbnb after that date. It is in his best interest to stay and extend the lease. He is working 15 hr days and does not have time or want the hassel of looking for a new place. He needs to focus on saving lives. I am told that I will be charged a penalty if I cancel on my guests that I have coming after the June 1st date. What am I to do? I have contacted airbnb and they told me to get the guests to cancel. When the guest try they will have to pay a penalty. What am I to do? I will not evict this tenant...it is wrong to do so. Airbnb should waive penalties and give my guests the chance to find new vacation rentals so I do not have to cancel on them closer to their check in dates. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 Reply 1
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Chris12401   I could not see a listing on your profile so I do not know where you are located.  In so many places, there are now restrictions for STR stays and how long that will go on is anyone's guess.  Also, is there any way you can get some proof of this worker's status?  Perhaps if you contact your upcoming guests, you can explain the situation as you have explained it here.  Some might be willing to cancel and the loss is limited to the Air BNB fee if you allow the total refund.  Some might wait until the situation is confirmed and Air BNB would be able to refund the fees as well.  This situation changes daily so it is difficult to predict.  You are doing the right thing to support a key worker.