Repeated texts from Airbnb?

Lindsay231
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Repeated texts from Airbnb?

For the past few days, I've been getting dozens of texts every few hours from Airbnb with different "verification codes."  I have a friend who says the same thing is happening to her.  I reached out to Airbnb online two days ago and have not heard back.  I got so frustrated with the texts that I googled a number for Airbnb customer service.  I spoke to someone in an Indian call center, I assume.  He asked me for my email and phone number, then he asked me to read him some of the verification codes.  Then he said he could not help me if I did not verify my identity by telling him my credit card number.  I hung up.  I have no idea if the person I talked to was really from Airbnb or if this was a phishing scam.  I do not give my CC information out over the phone and I don't understand why it was necessary to ask in order to help me.  I have been a longterm customer of Airbnb and I have a trip coming up in August.  It's very frustrating that there is no way to contact the company when things go wrong.  Has anyone experienced this?  Is there a way to make the texts stop or to contact an actual person at Airbnb?

Thanks.  

1 Reply 1
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Lindsay231 

that's not good, it may be someone want's to hack your Airbnb account.

Open Airbnb on your laptop, log in, click on your profile picture in the upper right corner/account/ click on the security in your left side menu and you will see your "login history" look there if your account was accessed from an unfamiliar device

On the same page you can change your password.

Click on payout methods and payout preferences on the left menu and check if there is still your bank account number.

Click on transaction history to see if someone booked any accommodation with your credit card

Click on notifications and check if your email and your phone number are still yours. If it is changed and don't belong to you then change it again on your profile page.