Reservations

Linda166
Level 2
Ozark, MO

Reservations

So as I'm starting my 3rd year with Airbnb I find that  more people placing reservations are looking for negotiations and always a better deal. I feel my prices are very fair for my area. I don't want to be Rude..I also have had guest say 1 person is coming then 2 or 3 show up. Is this a new pattern ? I have not had it in the previous years.

2 Replies 2
Rebecca160
Level 10
Albuquerque, NM

@Linda166 yes, these behaviors are fairly new.  

If a guest wants to negotiate the price and you do not want to, then say that your prices are fair. And leave it at that. When guests show up with more than we’re booked,  either suggest they attempt to make a request for change via the app, if you can accommodate them all, or refuse entry. If you let them take advantage of you before they are even in the door, then they will keep pushing for more and likely give you a lower review. 

And that was my concern that if I brought it up she would give me a lesser review. Time will tell. I contacted Airbnb  and they contacted her. She registered for 1 and 7 are here. 2 adults and 5 kids. Makes for awkward situation.  I knew they were all coming but I thought she listed them. When it showed the amount going into the baba I know it was incorrect. Thanks for your response.