Resolution centre - lack of resolution

Jon16
Level 3
Victoria, Australia

Resolution centre - lack of resolution

I had two guests - that in fact had there boyfriends stay - I specifically asked if it was two guests - it is a two bedroom apt - the girls told me it was two - in fact it was 4 - I have three witnesses - I have asked for an additional guest be paid for - a compromise - I went to the "resolution centre" what California bull**bleep** that is - no action at all - where is the Resolution - where there is no resolution - just posting it makes no difference - is this some sort of - I have it off my chest thing - well it is not good enough - now I want Airbnb to pay me out of their money - the founders are weak unreliable scum - letting this enterprise go to crap - the most important part is the hosts - there are no customers without hosts - I have tried to get Airbnb be help but nothing - just like government - no wonder you are about to get Donald - the no response thing is what drives anti establishment sentiment - at this moment Airbnb is establishment - ignoring it's clients 

6 Replies 6
KeidenJoyce0
Level 2
Manila, Philippines

If it has been 72 hours after you submit the resolution, you can involve Airbnb so they can help you

Jim-and-Marcia0
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Sorry to hear your frustration in getting your situation resolved. I see you have 12 listings, so you certainly will need to find a way to work well with Airbnb, or choose another way to list the properties you manage. First, I try to keep communications with the guests mostly on the Airbnb platform in the Message area, so if I have a problem, the Airbnb representatives can review the thread and provide better support for me. When I have a need, I pick up the telephone and call for customer support. They have always been quite helpful.  I'm in the states and use either 855-424-7262 (toll free within the U.S.) or their local SFO number 415-800-5959. In the community help guide, there's a phone number for Australia, see below. You may want to try that, if you haven't already. If you have tried that and didn't get the help you need, try again for a better agent. Also, I didn't look at all your listings, but I did see on the ones I viewed that you don't have a security deposit. You may want to add that. By the way, those are beautiful properties! Since my niece lives in Geelong, if I go to visit her and her family, I just may want to stay in one of your places!

Australia +61 2 8520 3333

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

You could have amended the booking and added the extra guests.

David

I recently tried twice to amend a reservation and it would not go through.  Then I sent a resolution and that did not go through either.

A week later I tried again to send a resolution, it was received by the guest and promptly paid.

So sometimes the glitchy platform does not do what you ask it to.

First be sure that the guest did receive the resolution request (it is pending on your end.)

Then contact AirBnb and ask them to escalate the situation.

Jelena18
Level 1
New York, NY

I have filed a claim for missing item with the guest and with airbnb and have not received any response. The airbnb platform has no option to contact airbnb and i keep getting in a loop that goes no where. 

My experience with the resolution center it's much worse.  I have 2 escalated issues and the agents in the center where far from willing to service their hosts.  

The first case was closed because as the agent said, I did not respond within 72:  the fact is that the agent requested information I had already provided in the original request and I had been very splicit with invoices and the details of the claim but the agent ignored that.  This was a case in which the tenant broke a pipe in the kitchen and caused serious water damages to 3 apartments below.  Luckily my insurance covered for all except the time wasted to supervise all reparations.  My claim was for bloody sheets and broken things the tenant had caused.  They without advising, used my very new apartment to have her dad recover from a surgery, so everything was stained, and her father was using a wheel chair that damaged the walls.  All I requested from this case were the damages for new sheets, and broken items, but the case was closed without a resolution for lack of attention of the agent.

The second case was of a young tennat who decided to change the lock of the door and by the time I found out, the agency she hired to do so, had damaged the doorwood, and the entire handle.  All I requested was the cost to replace to its original state the luck and handle and to retouch the woodframe that was damaged.  The resolution center assumed depreciation and only wanted to cover for the new handle.  

Truly as a host of 11 apartments with Airbnb, I am considering another platform.  Their services to their hosts it's too poor.