Resolution centre

Barbara1057
Level 1
Bishopsteignton, United Kingdom

Resolution centre

I had a guest who trashed my property. She broke a shower tray, which means expensive replacement of nearly the whole bathroom. (Certainly shower unit, flooring and wall clashing), she shut dogs in the bathroom and they scratched paintwork down to bare wood, a dog has pee-ed on the sofa, she has broken an electric bed, ruined the top of a table with wet glasses or bottles and her dogs have dug the garden up and killed plants. In addition she was supposed to leave at 10.00am but was still there at 15.00hrs and the place was left filthy. The total cost to fix everything is going to be around £6,000.00 plus I will have to block out 1-2 weeks bookings in high season to get the work done. 
8 days ago I contacted the Airbnb resolution centre and was assured of a reply within 48 hours. To date no one has contacted me despite four reminder phone calls. Anyone else have the same problem? 
Does Airbnb actually help anyone in this situation? Or am I wasting my time pursuing this? 

1 Reply 1

@Barbara1057  Based on what many hosts have reported here and on other corners of the web, it can take around 6 weeks to get a response. It's a waste of time to send reminder calls and so forth, as they won't be received by anyone who can make a difference. But if you're still compiling documents and receipts for your claim, it's worth continuing to update it.

I don't have direct experience with this myself, but based on what I've seen, the damage claims with the greatest chance of success are the most simple and straightforward. If you've got a lot of items on it, and a mix of things that might be covered and things that aren't, the odds are that they'll throw the whole thing out and close your ticket. So prepare to be disappointed, but hopefully your private insurance will sort you out.