Review from cancelled guests

Selina56
Level 1
Temecula, CA

Review from cancelled guests

I had a guest who checked in, and couple hours later, she complained we had flea in the bedroom.  I offer the option that she could cancel the reservation.  She cancelled, and I called Airbnb to give her full refund. But my pest control came and checked the house, there is no flea in the whole house. She left me a review. According to Airbnb, she has right to leave review as long as she acturally entered the house. In the guest's review, she claims there is flea in all rooms of the house and all beds, which is not true. She also warn anyone not to book my property. I called Airbnb customer service several times, even with the false information,  the case manager still think it's not against Airbnb policy. What should I do to protect myself as a host? 

2 Replies 2
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

If you can't get Airbnb to take the review down, respond briefly, professionally, and dispassionately for the benefit of future guests.  e.g. "This review is false. The guest cancelled her reservation two hours after checking in with the claim of a flea infestation. We immediately granted her a 100% refund and called in our pest control service. The service found no sign of any pests, and I would be happy to provide documentation of this to any prospective guest."

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Selina56 ugh, its a bummer that you gave her a good review.

I think you'll just have to respond to her review, but you'll probably need to lower your pricing or do something to generate new reviews and more business given the amount of complaining reviews currently in your profile.

good luck