Review process continues! weather situation is illegal activity, unsafe, threatening environment

Matt434
Level 3
Reston, VA

Review process continues! weather situation is illegal activity, unsafe, threatening environment

I use airbnb as a guest almost 250+ days a year, every year. On an unusual trip experience that became extreme, as a guest, that I could no longer tolerate a stay, due to dogs that were not suppose to be there, and dog crap everywhere, pot smoking,  partying, it did not match up with pictures and text. I asked airbnb if I can cancel, and leave 2 days early, am I due a refund, and will there be a review process that continues, if it is ruled a violation by you? They (airbnb) wanted proof, pictures and said in cases like these there is no review process. I gave proof, I got the last day refund, I silently departed early and the review process continued and ofcourse  the review is retalitory, and dishonest, frauds the community,  and is a form of bullying toward me as a guest because I reported something and was ruled in faovr of airbnb, and I trusted them to watch my back and they didn't.

This review system of airbnb discourages guests to report anything, weather violations, or unsafe and illegal activity. And if airbnb intervenes in a transaction and offers a refund and an unusual early termination, they will not reflect that to the community. Airbnb will not note in the review that they intervened and offered a refund. Airbnb will not put in any sort of text in the review, and this is a mistake on their part, and misleads the community.

On the day of guest check-in, if you, the guest,  meet an unsafe or illegal environment that is a threat and violation of the community, a violation of the listing, illegal activity, unsafe, unhealthy, weather it is anything imagainable, (10 pit bulls , assault weapons, drugs, you name it)  airbnb wants proof, and will continue to allow a review process of both parties and in doing so, encourages a retailaitory review process against the guest (or host), because airbnb doesn't want censorship.

Currently, You, the guest,  (or even host) are in a position to decide 1 of two things if you meet an environment or behavior that is illegal, unsafe, unhealthy, unstayable, unhostable:

1. Report something illegal, a violation, or unsafe environment and you, will certainly suffer a negative retailitory review process by the host or guest.

2. do not report anything illegal, unsafe, wait it out and lay low and not speak out and more than likely do not not receive a negative review.

3. know that airbnb will not show or reflect n the open public review that they intervened in any way.

Currently:

1. Airbnb will not put any text on the review of their own, that they intervened, that they offered a refund, anything, and they most certainly should.

Suggestion:

- do not allow a review proicess to continue if airbnb rules an early termination or cancelation or refund due to violation or illegal activity or unsafe and unhealthy environment.

- Airbnb must put there own text into the process and note in the public review between host and guest, that they (airbnb) intervened for whatever reason and a refund was given or early termination (some sort of text that neutralizes the situation and shows they intervened)

1 Reply 1
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Both hosts and less often, guests, have complained about the review system, @Matt434.  As you have pointed out, both hosts and guests can post a review with their opinion as long as it the review does not violate the Air BNB content policy.   I, for one, do not want interference from Air BNB in adding "information" but I am not very intimidated by reviews.

I hope you know that you can walk into a listing and turn around and walk out on the same day.  If you provide verifiable proof of the reason you want to cancel, you can cancel and book another place.