Review

Betty182
Level 1
Rancho Mirage, CA

Review

I'm in a quandary. I just had a guest new to Airbnb with no reviews. The room was booked for one, a young female. She showed up with her boyfriend (#1). Reservation was for two nights. They asked for a third night in which only the boyfriend stayed -- weird (#2). I asked them to extend the extra night on the website. They "forgot " when reminded and ended up leaving without paying the third night (#3). Airbnb paid me the third night and instructed how to handle differently next time. Obviously the guest denied paying the third night but kudos to Airbnb for making it right! Finally my Q: should I leave a bad review for the guest and risk a bad review from her? Or, just not review her? I want other hosts to be warned about this guest.

4 Replies 4
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

Please review her, frankly and dispassionately. She cannot see your review of you until she has left her own or it is too late for her to review you.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Betty182   Wait to wrote the review until the early morning of the 14 day or late evening on day 13 after check out time if she doesn't review you. If you get notice she's reviewed you just go ahead and review her at that point. Do not mention AirBnB's involvement as it's cause to have the review pulled. State the facts only: Guest booked for 1 brought another guest. Guest extended stay by an extra day and "forgot" to pay for it and ended up leaving without paying for it until remind it was owed. Thumbs down and 1* across the board. 

Betty182
Level 1
Rancho Mirage, CA

Thank you ladies! I took your advice and reviewed the guest.

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Another scammer.....unfortunately you lost an accommodation  fee, as did I plus the 2 entitled females using my laundry facilities and refusing to pay.

Once bitten twice shy!....I ask for payment up front now.

And for heavens sake DO leave a review...this is the one I left for Julie from Salt Lake City in Utah.

Hi Julie
Thanks for reaching out and declining to pay for the use of my washing machine and electric tumble drier
I love feedback whether it is positive or negative. I especially like feedback like this so others can see the “entitled” guests I sometimes have to deal with.
There is a large element of trust in being an air bnb host and I feel that trust has been eroded by a guest who does not care about honouring the £10 fee clearly stated in my air bnb listing for use of my laundry facilities in my family home.
Yes.....it’s my home, not some hotel or large corporation such as Hilton or Google who can forgo the odd Ten Bucks.
In fact it is the home of a retired senior, a woman in her sixth decade.
Particularly galling, as this gullible senior, also waived her Strict cancellation policy and let you change your booking from 2 nights stay to a 1 nights stay ( at your request, a couple of days prior to your arrival) FREE OF CHARGE and this senior also lost £62.50 in payment into the bargain!
I appreciate any guest who chooses to spend their money in my family home until they act like like this and tries to make it up to me by promising to write me a nice review.
You can pen whatever review you wish  and I won’t lose a second  of sleep over it.
The only thing I have lost this season, is trust in the “ entitled” guests that seem to be increasingly using the air bnb platform for a cheap deal, rather than being genuinely part of the sharing economy.
I shared my beautiful modern home with you, I also gave you fresh grown organic fruits of apples and plums to eat on your onward journey ( as part of my warm hospitality) but Im afraid I do not wish to be part of any deal!....whether bartering down a price for my accommodation or getting your money’s worth or even getting a good review as quite frankly I’m quite appalled by your attitude.
Enjoy the rest of your holiday in Scotland.