Review

Jill360
Level 1
Sedona, AZ

Review

I just stayed for the 2nd time at a cottage at ClarkLake.  It was my dad's 90th birthday, we did the same thing last year for my mom's 90th birthday.  It was clearly communicated of our plans and this was our 2nd stay!  Our family came and went throughout the day.  I am a super host myself and have 2 rentals with airbnb and would never disrespect anyone's space.  We NEVER had more than 4 people spending the night and we NEVER had 10 cars, the parking is next to a store so lots of people park there.  Our only event was at 1:30pm on the second day, we were asleep everynight by 11pm and never once had a late night party.  The last day only me and my son stayed there so only 2 people.  There is a bunk bed that has 3 beds only kids could fit on the top two, the sofa is soooo uncomfortable that noone wanted to sleep on that.  My sister and I slept in the not so comfortable bed.  We couldn't have ton's of people stay there if we wanted to.  My dad has a sleeper van that we used last year but we didn't use it this year as nobody wanted to spend the night.    It is really sad that an airbnb host can get away with a terrible review that is not true.  We did leave some returnable bottles and cans in case someone wanted the cash I know my cleaner would love that.  I was in a hurry and left 2 glasses unwashed.  The garbage can was full when we got there, same thing happened last year so I put all the bags we had in the shed as requested by the owner.  I loaded the washer with towels to help out.  There is NO way she needed more time not to mention the place was far from spotless when we checked in.  I want to make other users aware because Airbnb did nothing.  I do have witnesses as well.

This was the review

Jill booked my lake cottage for 4 people staying 3 days. I drove by several times & counted at least 10 cars there & tons of people. I found it incredibly disrespectful to not inform me of additional people who would be spending the night & throwing a big party. I live close by & I did receive complaints from neighbors about the quantity of people staying there. I only ask renters to please wash their own dishes & to remove all garbage from my home before departing. Jill’s party did neither of these things. Fortunately we had a day to clean up before our next guests arrival because my cottage definitely needed more time & attention than usual. In 3 years renting with Airbnb, this is my first negative review. Jill took advantage of our hospitality & made no effort to communicate her plans.

**[Name hidden due to privacy reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

1 Reply 1
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Jill360  I don't see any listing rules that specifies no unregistered guests on the property so unless you were asked not to have day guests, the host is out of line.  As you know, both guest and host reviews will not be removed unless the content policy is violated.  I don't see anything like that in the review.  What are you seeking from this forum?  It is not clear to me .