Reviews from Deleted Accounts

Graeme19
Level 3
Culver City, CA

Reviews from Deleted Accounts

I noticed recently that I often have guests with no history or reviews when they book, but when I meet them, they clearly have experience with AirBnB. For the sake of this example, let's say that an old account was deleted to hide bad reviews.

As a traveler, it's easy to just create a new account if your reviews are poor.  As an experienced host, this is virtually impossible.

My question is, when a traveler account is deleted, do their reviews of hosts disappear?  The system is designed so that guests and hosts have equal footing in the review process.  A deleted account removes that traveler's poor reviews from the internet, so shouldn't the reviews that person has left for hosts over time also be deleted?

I ask this, because some of my worst guests leave the worst reviews.  We've all been through this.  It's like a defense mechanism - they know they're troublesome so they look for reasons to point the finger.  It would be nice to know that the reviews from those erratic guests would be deleted when the account is deleted. 

Thank you all!

Graeme

1 Reply 1
Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

A nice idea @Graeme19 , to delete the reviews, along with the information. However, I imagine the algorithm / computer bot, wouldn’t be able to recalculate retrospectively. 

HOWEVER: If the initial security requirements are tightened and adhered to, then any negative individuals (both hosts and guests) would eventually be blocked from the platform, forever.

Why? Because, their govt ID and their profile picture, which has to match the facial recognition of the Govt ID, would be red flagged, even if a different mobile or email was used. The red flag could then activate/create a second line of security scrutiny from Airbnb.

YaY! A perfect line of engagement!

As for guests with no reviews, but having Airbnb knowledge: they could have travelled with a partner, or part of a group, prior to opening their own profile, within the community.