Reviews

Erin8
Level 2
Collingwood, Australia

Reviews

Hi there,

When I was asked to leave a review for my guest, the review notification said my guest would only receive my review once they had also written me a review. To date, I still dont have the review from them but I can see my positive review on their page.

The guest only had positive things to say in our mesages, so I was really hoping on this review (it would be my first review as a host) to kick off bookings.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Erin

2 Replies 2
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Erin8,

The host and the guest have 14 days after checkout to leave a review.  I am assuming that since your review is posted that the guest did not leave you a review within the 14 day window and therefore only your review was posted.  Airbnb does send reminders for guests and hosts to leave a review and this guest probably either did not want to leave a review or just got too busy.

I hope this helps!

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Susan36
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

quite often Guests state they will leave a review and fail to do so within the 14 day period, after which they cannot leave a review.  this is normal.  the Guest can see your review and, after all, they are under no obligation to leave you one - this is the flaw in the system as reviews are "optional".  the only way to get around this is to wait until you receive a message that the Guest left you a review and then do so for them.  if you don't get a message, then don't leave a review for the Guest.