Robbed in Budapest

Adrian-Petru0
Level 1
Cluj-Napoca, Romania

Robbed in Budapest

I was robbed in Budapest. They entered in the house in the midnight(me and my family were in the house!!) by using the codes from the door. The owner of the flat is non responsive and he is not taking responsability for nothing, even we know that the only way that they knew code from 3 doors is from him. I want to know if someone heard about this kind of situations in Budapest. The owner name is Gabor, he is co hosting with a guy named Daniel and they have a lot of apartments. Thanks! 

10 Replies 10
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

It sounds like you should call the police, @Adrian-Petru0 . Perhaps they can get some information about who has the codes from your host. Hope so. 

Try calling Airbnb, too, if your host won't respond.

What a terrible thing to happen on your holiday. All the best with this.

Adrian-Petru0
Level 1
Cluj-Napoca, Romania

@Lawrene0, this happend one week ago. I called the police, Airbnb took care of us very good but my losses are still there.The host responded after one week!, lying all of us. After I replied, of course he is non responsive for 3 days. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

in error.......

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Okay, then you have handled everything well, @Adrian-Petru0. Do you have insurance for the losses? 

That doesn't excuse your host. I don't know what to tell you about that. It's just something else to look into. 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Adrian-Petru0 ,

So sorry to hear you had a bad experience with this guest. You mentioned you have contact the customer support team already, how is that progressing?

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Stephen738
Level 1
Pinellas Park, FL

I was just robbed. She entered the apt at around 1:30 am.  My sister worked up the burglar left. 

The only way to get in is with a code and a key to two different doors.

When we arrived the key was missing but the man thought the previous occupants kept it.

What to do......

Laura3986
Level 2
Oakville, CA

We are in Budapest right now and got robbed by Daniel as well. He told us that the second key was “lost by a previous guest 3 weeks ago” and then we came back to our apartment being robbed in the time we were out. Air BnB has escalated the issue and we are hoping they take Daniel and whoever else is running the scam with him off of Air BnB so that it doesn’t happen to any other guests.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Who is Daniel @Laura3986 ????

I am sorry for your situation. I hope Airbnb have helped you find alternative accommodation.

Do make sure you have a police report so you can claim any losses against your travel insurance. 

Laura3986
Level 2
Oakville, CA

Air BnB has been great covering our hotel for the remainder of our stay here and reimbursing the apartment charges.

This is the listing we booked through but I’m sure he and his friends have more profiles and listings up

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/18562620?source_impression_id=p3_1576671882_BziAfaSqjTdXxoC7

We called the police immediately last night but they didn’t seem to care too much as they say robberies in apartments happen every night. Our friends are at the Canadian Embassy dealing with their passports and a full police report. 

Unfortunately, despite giving us the money back, Airbnb did nothing at all. The apartment where we were robbed is back on booking list and no one does nothing. Sorry for what happened to you. We just recoverdbour id s, the camera was stollen and we never saw it again.