Room price

Colin102
Level 1
Athenry, Ireland

Room price

Hi I decided to opt for smart pricing on my advertised room and a couple just booked the room for the St Patrick's Day bank holiday weekend for 3 nights for the minimum price I set. I'm just wondering why airbnb choose 2 sell my room that cheap for one of the busiest weekends in Ireland?  I am receiving under €60 for the 3 nights for 2 people. This is a ridiculous price for the room I am renting for the whole weekend. What can I do about this the website assures me smart pricing was the best idea? To sell my room for the minimum price for a bank holiday weekend doesn't seem very smart to me. 

2 Replies 2
Colin102
Level 1
Athenry, Ireland

I was trying to contact someone in airbnb directly but this is the only place I could find to contact someone?

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Colin102. If you read more in this forum you will quickly learn that Smart Pricing algorithm isn't that smart. It doesn't even recognize New Year's Eve... For any kind of special event it's advisable to set prices long in advance because there will always be lurkers searching for bargains.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"