Rules Changed Day By Day?

Can24
Level 2
İstanbul, Turkey

Rules Changed Day By Day?

2 days ago. i had a reservation. But i wasn't at home at that time. And i told the guest about the situation. He said ok and wrote the situation to airbnb to cancel. Then my plans changed and i told my host to come. He said ok but he didnt come. And the airbnb didnt answer to us 1 day. Then they canceled it and they blocked the reviews. 

After that i had a new reservation quickly. And i forgot the change the prices. After the reservation i sent my new guest a special offer. But she refused it. She can. But also i can send a special offer. we have a section for that. İ didnt want to disturb her or make her uncomfortable. She canceled the reservation with the help of airbnb without saying it to me. Also airbnb didnt inform me about the cancellation. They informed me after cancellation and i think this is not fair. Because i have rights as my host. 

Now the host writes a comment about me which i didnt see without accomodation. And i wanted to delete it but the case manager didnt reply me. And i wrote the problem to the other airbnb worker which solved my problem about the host which promised to come and then not. But he said to me "wait your case manager." I told him i dont want to wait because this is not sunday. Then i wrote it to an another case manager. he said no. İ told him i wanted to talk with a community manager but he doesnt want me to talk with a community manager. İ think the rules changed day by day. Sometimes if you are lucky they did what you want and sometimes if you are unlucky they said no. How could it happen? İ cant understand.

Can you help me about reaching a community manager? 

3 Replies 3
Can24
Level 2
İstanbul, Turkey

The funny thing is i bought credits to call america. it was very expensive to call america from turkey. A worker whose name is Baby told me that a specalist investigate this issue and will call me. After 2 minutes closing the telephone, she wrote to me that i could reply the guest's review 🙂

Now i am asking everybody. when i tried to write a comment about guest (because i need to see hers) airbnb asks me about accomodation. Airbnb asks me about her cleanliness, if she obey all the house rules... İ dont know the answers. Because she didnt stay at my home. Do they want me to write lies?
Also the same or similar questions (star system) appeared to her. how can she give stars to me without seeing me and my flat? is it fair? Also what about the promises at the telephone? The worker says a specalist will investigate this issue and call you, but then she wrote that i can reply to the guest :))

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Can24  🙂

It is your responsibility to always have the correct prices and the calender updated.

If a guest books your listing you cannot ask the guest to pay you more money afterwards by sending a speciel offer. (Speciel offers are usually used if a host wants to offer a cheaper price). It is your problem that you forgot to update prices/calender. I would never ask a guest to pay more because I screwed up.

I'm sorry but I agree with airbnb and the guest on this one.

Best, sandra

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Can24 @Sandra856 

I'm glad Sandra could make head & tail of your narrative and give you feedback.

If you wish to spend time pursuing the matter, you should at least be able to find a local number for Airbnb. I know the one for UK, but not Turkey. If there is one, you should be able to find it on the website. Or go via Facebook or Twitter. 

Still, even if you call USA, there is no guarantee you'll speak to someone there. Airbnb reroute globally.

So best you can hope for is to save money by calling locally if possible. 

Best Wishes.