Safari all of sudden doesn't work

Safari all of sudden doesn't work

We are using Safari as our browser of choice and have been for years.  Up until last night it was working fine.  I'm assuming another code change with the website has now disabled our abiltiy to select any menu items that pop down.  For example, if I click on the Host menu I can see the selections but if I click on one like Calendar, or Inbox nothing happens, I can't even select Log Out from the profile menu.  Please fix this, up until now I considered Airbnb awesome web developers but come on.  BTW, I have experienced this on 3 different computers, all of which are up to date Macintosh's.

38 Replies 38
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

* no one stopped to think of the consequences of changing just to "chrome"....

BIG MISTAKE IT TEAM !!

@Chris-and-Venesa0 @Helen427 @Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 @Shaun69 @Tom712 I'm on a macbook pro & use safari & I'm not having any issues. OS is High Sierra 10.13.6 & I did a security update last week. Haven't done the safari update, wondering if that's the issue? And I use the app on my iphone, no issues there at all.

And someone needs to give the Airbnb tech & product development teams a kick in the a#$e, they seem to be getting further & further away from what the customer wants & needs (both host and guest).

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

@Chris-and-Venesa0@Rachel177@Helen427@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0@Shaun69@Debi32@Tom712@Rob62@Susan151,

Thanks for sharing this and I sorry this is impacting your ability to use the site so much. As a few days have passed, I wondered are you still experiencing this issue with the site and Safari? Rachel commented here that she isn't experiencing this, so I wanted to double-check.

Thanks to you all and speak to you soon.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Shaun69
Level 10
Hurstpierpoint, United Kingdom

@Lizzie  Please find the following post:

Hi folks at about 0200 this morning UK time all of my apple computers started working correctly with the BNB platform again. It has not been a pleasent 48 hours or so trying to run multiple listings on a mobile phone but it has taught me a few lessons which will hopefully not be needed in the future. I have requested AIRBNB management to cosider informing hosts before they change code on the platform so if things do not go as planned it is understood why!!!!!!!!!!! I can always dream!

Regards Shaun

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw thanks @Shaun69 for the update. I'm so glad it is working for you, but what a pain this has clearly been. 

I'm not exactly sure what the issue was with this, but I'm going to pass this over to the Product Team as feedback.

Fingers and toes crossed this won't happen again and I hope this is all resolved for everyone. If not, please let me know and I will follow up on my side. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Shaun69
Level 10
Hurstpierpoint, United Kingdom

@Lizzie Hi Lizzie, the biggest issue I have had with this problem was the lack of information recieved from the help centre, for over 20 hours I was not sure if it was my personal IT problem or a widespread issue!!!!!! I brought in a IT expert to check my systems only to be informed by him that it was an AIRBNB platform software issue totally beyond my control. My request to AIRBNB management is please inform hosts before you do a software update so if things do not go as planned then hosts are aware of what is going on and do not over react as I did!!!!!!!!!!

Regards Shaun

P.S It cost me both time and money.

@Lizzie 

2011 Safari 9.1.3 - OSX 10.9.5  Not working. Doesn't even show main booking site

2017 Safari 11.1.2 - OSX 10.11.6 Working.

2011 Safari 9.1.3 - OSX 10.9.5 MacBook Pro can't load 'Chrome' - incompatible graphics card. No access to airbnb booking and hosting site since 29th December 2018

Thanks for letting us know Shaun.  It was a pleasant surprise.

Hi Lizzie, I just checked and it is working fine again.  I want to say thank you to all involved in resolving this issue.

Chris and Venesa

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Chris-and-Venesa0, this is good to hear. 

--------------------

Hi Lizzie,

My Safari is working now.  Thank you! 

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Lizzie@

I've just tried to update my calendar on my listing and it's still not working here in NZ with Google on Microsoft ph.

Very frustrating esp as it's a long weekend...

Perhaps someone's trying to tell us to go back and talk to people face to face, or via telephone, or handwritten postal communications to make bookings, site unseen...

The Airbnb site was also not loading when I tried during the week on public computers where a number of people rely on them for using Airbnb.

Any hurry along to fix it all around would be fabulous for us all.

Thanks in advance

Cel

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@@Lizzie

Not working, as in pages not loading, not even those annoying 3 dots which I have to mention whilst there needs to be some indictor the page is loading, they can impact adversely on people with vision/ head injuries / Epilipsy.

thanks for your help

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Helen427,

Sorry to hear this. Did this sort itself out? Are you still experiencing this?

If so, perhaps try clearing your browser history and cache, it might not have updated to the fixed version. 

Let me know how you are finding it now, if you can. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Lizzie 

It's sorted itself a bit however notice there's a Topic "Log In" where there's a considerable number of others having issues.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Host-login/m-p/1008850#

What's very concerning is these issues also impact on Guests ability to made bookings & bookings and views of listings appear to be down on what one would expect.

A couple of my Guests said they had a few challenges trying to accesss the website as well.

Sorry in delay in reply.