Same Search - Different Results

Gail58
Level 1
Easthampton, MA

Same Search - Different Results

I have had an account for a few years as a traveler and I do the booking for my husband and I.

He wants to do a little solo traveling so he set up his own brand new and verified account. We both performed the same search, for the same Vermont town, 1 guest, private room, same price, same dates, no other filters, and I found a great place that doesn't show up for him.

What are we missing? He would really like to stay at a place that comes up for me but not for him.

3 Replies 3
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

He doesn't have previous reviews, is that right, @Gail58? Some hosts have requirements of their own for government ID, past reviews, host recommendations, and so their properties won't show up for him, as a newbie, but will be there for you, their ideal guest. That's my guess.

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Gail58,

It's always possible for you to click on the desired listing and for him to then type in the address of the listing as it appears in the address bar of your browser. He will then see the listing and can book it.

Regarding the searches, the only thing I can think of is the following.

New accounts are, reportedly, defaulted by Aribnb to searching with instant book turned on.

Is the listing in question one that cannot be booked with instant book? If so, then both searches should be done with instant book turned off.

Steve.

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Gail58

I would also 'guess' that given the large number of hosts in many areas, the search result will usually come up slightly different for each person searching, because while there are some principles about who appears on the first few pages, it can't be right that the same people alwasy appear there if there are others that have just as good reviews, etc