Scared in Los Angeles

Rachel1098
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Scared in Los Angeles

I thought Air b and b had to get your approval before someone books with you? I am a single woman and only want to rent my room to couples and families...I ended up with a single man booking with me for 4 nights. He’s foreign and doesn’t speak English. It’s so uncomfortable I can’t sleep. He’s been a perfect gentleman but he’s like 6’3” tall and big. It’s not safe to have a man alone in your house as a woman. Something could happen. I don’t want to make a scene because he hasn’t done anything wrong. But I am pissed that I didn’t get the option to approve or disapprove. And he had such a foreign name that i couldn’t tell whether it was a man or a woman from the name. 

4 Replies 4
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Rachel1098 

you can turn off the instant booking option so all your guests have to send you a booking request and you can accept or decline it.

But, if you turn off instant booking and/or you decline too much requests in a row your search ranking will dive and your listing will be nowhere to find.

As a single female host you can set up to host only female guests. https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1807/can-i-choose-to-only-host-people-of-my-own-gender

Thank you! I will do that...again he’s a perfect gentleman... I just don’t feel comfortable having a man I don’t know in my house. 

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Rachel1098 

Based on the murder and gun crime in America, you should be more scared of a local then a foreigner, I only read this morning that Amnesty International has given a warning to visitor of the USA to be extra careful for their safety.

Lol I am not worried because he is foreign. It just made it difficult to communicate due to the fact he didn’t speak English. But it was the fact he was a large man in my home and I was alone. I don’t care if he came from the moon.