Second bedroom

Regina114
Level 5
Laguna Hills, CA

Second bedroom

I have an office that I would like to transfer as a second Airbnb room.  I am thinking of renting both, rent just the main one or just the second room but sharing a bathroom. Any suggestions?  Thank you

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Regina114  Not sure what suggestions you're looking for, but sounds fine, just make it clear in the listings that the bathroom is shared with another guest if you have one at the time, and you'll have to be on top of going in there and cleaning once or twice a day depending on whether the guests are clean and tidy or slobs. Otherwise it could llead to bad reviews if a clean guest found a dirty bathroom every time she went in to use it.

And a nice framed note on the bathroom wall such as "This is a shared bathroom- please be respectful and make sure you clean up after yourself as well as being reasonable about the length of time you use it, in case the other guest needs to get in.

Then make sure you leave cleaning cloths, sponges, or whatever guests would need to mop up water, toothpaste, etc.

Regina114
Level 5
Laguna Hills, CA

Thank you so much for the suggestions.  I was a little nervous but could use the extra income and tidying up a bathroom kids play for me.

Best regards 

Regina

Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

@Regina114 In order to facilitate your plan, you need to create two listings. One for renting both rooms, while the other is for renting either one of your two rooms. But you need to link the calendar of single room listing to double rooms listing. Then if either of the listing is booked, the same dates of the other listing will be blocked from booking.

In your single room listing, you need to mentioned that the bathroom is shared explicitly as @Sarah977 suggested. In two listings, you can set up different prices and total number guests which can accommodate.

So nice to have people willing to help.  Thank you, really thank you.  You made my life easier.

Regina