Security deposit for events

Answered!
Gabriela684
Level 2
Hollywood, FL

Security deposit for events

I want to know how to activate a security deposit and a cleaning fee only on certain occasions. In general, for regular stays we don't charge a security deposit or cleaning fee for the guest's convenience.

But for work or private events we do. When this is the case, I have to cancel the current booking request, change the listing to make security deposit and cleaning fee mandatory, coordinate the new reservation and after that put the listing back the way it was. This is not only inconvenient but I also might end up losing regular reservations due to this.

I guess I could just send the money request through the app for the cleaning fee, but I still need a solution for the security deposits only needed for events.

Anyone knows how to work this out?

Thank you in advance for your help 😄

1 Best Answer
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Gabriela684 

Make a copy of the listing and link the calender's.

Listing 1 is for regular guests

Listing 2 say's "For work & Events" and has the security deposit and cleaning fee.

If someone books listing 1 for work, you can move them over to listing 2 using the change/cancel option.

The guest will have to agree to this change request.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Gabriela684 this can't be done on ABB... and even when you do have a security deposit specified on ABB it's more theoretical than real

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Gabriela684 

Make a copy of the listing and link the calender's.

Listing 1 is for regular guests

Listing 2 say's "For work & Events" and has the security deposit and cleaning fee.

If someone books listing 1 for work, you can move them over to listing 2 using the change/cancel option.

The guest will have to agree to this change request.

Hi Jeff, thank you, that's genius!.

I didn't know you can create a copy of the listing and just link the calendars.

I tried the listing duplication but it seems it only copied the pictures but not all the settings put into the listing. At least that's how it behaves from the listing section when I duplicate it. Is there's something I'm doing wrong?