Security deposits

Answered!
Catherine1535
Level 1
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Security deposits

AirBnB says we charge a security deposit, but we don't. If AirBnB is correct, how do we remove it?  

Also, AirBnB says our prebooking message is changing because they are retiring certain messages.  I'd like to read what we currently send out, and what it's being changed to.

Thanks,

GMCQ

1 Best Answer
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Catherine1535 

You don't have a security deposit on your listing, if you preview your listing you would find it at the bottom of house rules.  To add or remove a deposit go to  "Pricing" and edit "standard fees and charges".

Pre-booking message is under "Booking settings" and then click edit at "Guest requirements", you'll find it at the bottom

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Catherine1535 

Contact Airbnb directly there alway extremely happy to answer host questions, after all they wrote the software...

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

I got those messages, too, @Catherine1535 , and I agree that they are nothing if not vague. 

To see what you have in place already, on a laptop, go in as if to edit your listing. Choose the Pricing tab. Scroll down to Standard Fees and Charges and look at "Security deposit". If there is nothing there, you are correct and you merely received an automated message. If you wish to change what is there, just hit the Edit button and follow the prompts. 

To find your pre-booking message, go to the Booking Settings tab. Click Edit beside Guest Requirements. Scroll down until you find Guest Trip Information. Hit the Edit button if you want to change it - but the wording of that message from Airbnb does make it sound as if this particular feature will be gone soon. 

Did that help?

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Catherine1535 

You don't have a security deposit on your listing, if you preview your listing you would find it at the bottom of house rules.  To add or remove a deposit go to  "Pricing" and edit "standard fees and charges".

Pre-booking message is under "Booking settings" and then click edit at "Guest requirements", you'll find it at the bottom