Self Check-In/Lockbox Options in an Urban Area

Veronika124
Level 1
Birmingham, United Kingdom

Self Check-In/Lockbox Options in an Urban Area

Helllo !

I was wondering how you deal with self check-ins/lockboxes in a busy urban area ? Where would you put one or what are the alternatives ? Will be grateful for any input !

I used to do check-ins through Keynest at a Newsagent, then one of my guests missed the closing time which caused significant problems. From then on I have been using a lockbox but it does not seem entirely safe where I am. Last time I came back, someone actually tried to forcibly open it so it doesn't work anymore.

Many thanks !

Veronika

2 Replies 2
Rowena29
Level 10
Australia

Hi @Veronika124 

I'm not the most technologically savvy person in the world, but have your considered using a keypad rather than a lock box?

You can generally have up to 6 codes programmed at a time  - eg one for you, one for a cleaner or tradie, and then one for a guest.

We sue this system and change the code for each guest ( so they can't come back at another time and get back in). We use the first 6 digits of their mobile generally.

There are even keypads that can be controlled by a host remotely, so you can later codes without being physically present.   We do have a  very small lock box out of sight where we store a master key that can over ride the keypad if there is some type of emergency.   So far have not had to use it...

I'm sure other hosts will add more specific info..

Cheers

Veronika124
Level 1
Birmingham, United Kingdom

Thank you very much ! I will definitely look into those.

I forgot to mention that this is an apartment building so the guests would still need to get the front door fob from somewhere...