Self check-in Airbnb App there is a Key Icon in Inbox with hyperlink - how do you update this?

Sarah2159
Level 1
Auckland, New Zealand

Self check-in Airbnb App there is a Key Icon in Inbox with hyperlink - how do you update this?

Hello Below is a screen shot of my Iphone Airbnb App  - Inbox in the bottom left side you'll see a key icon this provides a hyperlink for which guests can click and download all the Check In steps like a map, a photo of the key box etc.  How do I update the link content?  Thanks. 

Within Airbnb App.jpg

29 Replies 29
Aaron250
Level 2
Tampa, FL

I reported it this morning. The IOS key icon is missing. The android key icon is still present.

Lisa1272
Level 3
Miami, FL

I need this icon BACKKK!!!! I am going insane!! it's been months, it came back shortly for a few hours on december and gone again. PLEASEEEE let's all tweet, Facebook, google app review, call, email, everything!!! let's get this icon back

Lisa P.
Ruhena0
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I just spoke to Airbnb just now about the key icon being missing, so turns out its not a bug but they have removed it intentionally, I asked if this was coming back but they had no information on it coming back in the future. I'm hoping it is as was so useful!

I got the same response. They removed it intentionally and said to use the saved messages feature. I try to make all my correspondence with guests personal rather than a generic message. I know how to send saved messages on my computer but not from the app on my iPhone. If anyone could guide me in the right direction on how to do that it would be appreciated. 

They intentionally removed but no announcement and any replace tool for Host??? 
Im really crazy for saved message in computer, and while use phone I have to find the previous message with other guest to copy & paste link. 
I do not know what kind of Airbnb customer service. 😞

You can copy the link to your saved messages which reside in the messages section of your Airbnb hosting account. The message box where you are typing to your guest has a “Use Saved Message” link at the bottom. Click on this link to use or create a new saved message. Hope that helps.

Mark3067
Level 1
Bellefontaine, OH

Same thing here, so frustrating. I have always used the "key" icon to send my guests check-in instructions prior to their arrival. The "key" icon disappeared and I haven't found any solutions online.

Marco913
Level 1
New York, NY

I was dreading the idea that Airbnb intentionally removed this feature. This is EXTREMELY frustrating. Furthermore, I feel as though I cannot provide quality service to my guests. Having guests from all parts of the world, not just figuratively speaking but literally, it was so much easier to just send a link where all the relevant information and photos were concentrated in a single link.

Also, the link having an "airbnb.com/123456" gave it more authenticity and reassurance to guests that they were reading valid information.

I guess just copying and pasting is the best solution for now... until they deactivate the links. 

This is the first time I am thoroughly annoyed, frustrated and dumbfounded by a retrograding choice by airbnb. I guess I'll go back to those page-long generic messages then spam with pictures...

Yeah, very frustrating to see that the “key icon” is no longer there. I found it to be very helpful and it was a proper and organized way to communicate the detailed instructions for checkin. Still, can’t think about a reason why Airbnb would have to eliminate that feature.

Cheryl404
Level 1
Glendora, CA

OMG so glad I found this thread, wasted so much time trying to find out what happened to the key icon.  How stupid is this???  What possible reason do they have to remove it?  Now what?  It looks so unprofessional to take screenshots of the check in instructions and send them one at a time.  Sucks.

The key icon was one of the most useful tools they offered for my international guests. So of course, they would take it away w/o a word to us hosts or asking us what we thought of it. Calling them now.

Leslie195
Level 4
Charlottetown, Canada

Agreed with you all!  The key icon is incredibly helpful for streamlining hosting, sad to see it gone and want it back!!

Thomas27
Level 3
Joshua Tree, CA

Key icon still missing. Extremely frustrated with airbnb on this action... WHY did you do this to us??? I'm going through the hassle of copy pasting the link. Very upset about this. 

BenkaandKeith0
Level 10
United States

We called zillion times Airbnb regarding this issue. Wrote. Nothing. We've been hosting for over 6 years and in last couple of them it is more then obvious Airbnb is cutting seriously on hosting tools, disabling good ones and throwing at us more work that we certainly don't need. While we would prefer spending time for-with our guests, we instead have to deal with the crappy 10 steps more that Airbnb is giving us, after simply removing superb tool. This company is becoming insane. It's hard to find any other explanation. They, however, can not offer it neither. If they would only read those posts and listen 1% of feedback they get from us. Sickening!

P.S. We refuse to update the app, only to keep this feature that we lost on one of our Androids but guarding it safely on the other one. Yes, I know, silly all the way, but the only way to keep our numerous visitors happy and sane ourselves.